14

(Brian P.O.V.)

I was going to get into my car when I felt someone watching me from the crowd. I look around and see a pretty woman standing in the crowd watching my every move. I have a feeling that I have to talk to her, but if I do I will get into some type of trouble. She notices me looking at her and ducks into the crowd. I get in my car and we get ready to race.

"All right, back up. Back up. Let's go. Let's go." Tej says to the crowd trying to get them to back off of the street. They weren't listening to him, so I blew exhaust at them.
"Whoa!" The crowd yells.
"Back y'all asses up. Back up. Back up. Before you turn into barbecue around here. It's not a game. This is serious. All right. Back up. Back up. Get off the street. Let's go. Back it up. Back it up. Everybody keep your hands real, real clear, all right? 'Cause I got a surprise for y'all this evening." Tej says to the crowd.

Alex walks in front of the cars. She looks so much like August, it's weird. She has a green bandana in her hand, so she must be starting the race.

"Are you ready?" Alex asks and we all rev our engines.
"Ready?" She points at Suki and she revs her engine.
"Ready?" She points to the guy with the afro and he revs his engine.
"Ready?" She points to the Hispanic guy and he revs his engine.
"I know you're ready." She says as she points at me. I rev my engine as I remember the first race I had with Dom, August had done the same thing. Alex raises the bandanna into the air with a smirk on her face.
"Go!" She yells as she drops the bandanna and we're off.

(Alex P.O.V.)

I walk in front of the cars. I have a green bandana in my hand. I decide to mess with Brian a little.

"Are you ready?" I ask and they all rev their engines.
"Ready?" I say as I point at Suki and she revs her engine.
"Ready?" I say as I point to the guy with the afro and he revs his engine.
"Ready?" I say as I point to the Hispanic guy and he revs his engine.
"I know you're ready," I say pointing at Brian trying my best not to smile. He revs his engine. I remember when I did that to him in the first race he raced against Dom. I raise the bandanna into the air with a smirk on my face. "Go!" I yell as I drop the bandanna and they're off. They are racing and starting to get to the last turn in the race, so Tej calls Jimmy.

"Yo, Jimmy, hit it, baby," Tej says to Jimmy. "A'ight. Y'all see that? Told y'all I had a surprise. How do you like that for a finale?" Tej asks the crowd as we walk to the finish line, they are raising the bridge. I see the afro guy's car come over the bridge. Then Brian's shoots over the top of the bridge and the afro guy. The afro guy crashes and Brian wins. Suki comes over the bridge and when she hits the ground her front bumper comes off. Brian gets out of his car and we all walk towards him.

"Tell me y'all saw that, man. Bullet and Suki sprayed the bridge, and I need to start making y'all pay to see this shit." Tej says to the crowd as we reach Brian. "I got over 10 stacks for my man right here, a'ight?" Tej says.
"That's what I'm talkin' about, man," Brian says.
"Play with it. Smells good, don't it?" Tej asks handing the money to Brian.
"Yeah, I'll buy that. Right here." Brian answers handing Tej some money.
"Right. Y'all see this? Everybody take a real good look. This is what you call mutual respect. A'ight lets clear out." Tej says to the crowd showing them the money Brian gave him. The crowd starts to fade away, leaving Tej, Brian and I standing there. I walk over to talk to Suki, which was still in hearing range of Tej and Brian. "Hey, man. Uh.... could you do me a favor, man?" Tej asks Brian.

"Yeah, man. What is it?" Brian asks.
"If cops come, take Alex with you. I trust that you will be able to get her out of here safely, without getting caught. Then lay low for a few hours then bring her back to the garage." Tej explains.
"Yeah. Sure, man. I'll do it, but you owe me." Brian says.
"Okay," Tej says walking towards me and Suki. "Anybody down for another race?" Tej asks the crowd.
"Shit!" Suki says looking at her bumper.