38

I, Augustina Belle Toretto, am back and looking for my family.

(August P.O.V.)

It's been almost a year since we stole the money in Rio. Brian and I have been living life day by day and see Dom every now and then. I'll admit that it has been pretty boring without anything dangerous going on. Dom, Brian, and I all agreed that we would leave the dangerous life behind. I know Dom did it so that Brian and I would have a chance to settle down and have a family. I found out that I was pregnant about a week ago. I just don't know how to tell Brian yet, especially since I feel like something big is about to happen. Now, Brian and I are preparing for a barbecue since it is Sunday. We are happy where we are, but we know it is not home like L.A. was. Brian and I are standing by the barbecue pit when I hear the roar of a familiar engine. I turn around smiling seeing Dom pull up the driveway. Dom walks up and I hug him before going inside to grab him and Brian a corona. I come back out to see them sitting at the table outside. I sit down and listen to what they are talking about.

"It's weird, right?" Brian asks Dom while looking around.
"What's weird?" Dom asks.
"We have everything..." Brian says grabbing my hand to hold it, "Even beer and barbecue. It's just.."
"It just doesn't feel like home," I finish for him.
"Maybe it's because you don't know how happy you are for something until someone takes it from you," Dom says.
"I don't know. The house has probably changed so much that we wouldn't know it anymore," Brian says taking a drink from his beer.
"Yes, everything has changed," Dom says.

"But so what? What is happening?" Brian asks Dom.
"It was taken a week ago," Dom says handing Brian a folder. I get up and stand behind Brian so I can see what it is. It was a picture of Letty. I gasp thinking it's not true until I read where it came from.
"The diplomatic intelligence. Hobbs," I read aloud. It must be true if it came from Hobbs. He is not the lying type.
"I made something like this all the time when I was a police officer. That's exactly what they do. He's messing with your head. Letty's dead, Dom," Brian says because he can't believe it.

"I have to be sure," Dom says.
"I'll go with you," Brian says and I nod.
"You said you would put this life behind you," Dom says.
"We both said that we would put this life behind us," Brian says.
"He's right. We are a family. If we have a problem, we handle it together. Ride or die remember? Anyways I would be more at ease if we were able to take of each other. Y'all are stronger together. It has always been that way. We go get Letty. We get her home," I explain as Brian nods. Dom finally agrees and calls the rest of the team. I just have to be careful since I am pregnant.

(August P.O.V.)

Dom, Brian, I are the first to arrive at the building we are going to be used as the warehouse. There is some nice technology this time.

"Thank you, God!" I hear Tej say. "Finally, some equipment I can use."
"What's up, buddy?" Brian says bro hugging Rome.
"Much better than the crap in Rio. Much better," Tej continues.
"Do you trust these people?" Rome asks Brian.
"Nope," Brian answers.

"Is there anyone who has heard from Tego and Santos?" Dom asks.
"They were last seen in the casinos of Monte Carlo," Han answers.
"I thought it was our last job, Brian. Who pays for all the equipment? Taxpayers? So now we are working for the Hulk? Is that what we are doing?" Rome starts asking and I just kinda smile, because Hobbs starts walking into the room. "Why do I smell baby oil?"

"If you keep bullshitting all you're going to smell is ass," Hobbs says making Rome jump and turn around. A girl called Riley comes in with him. I just don't trust her for some reason.
"Okay, Hobbs. You have the best team in the world right in front of you. Give them a reason to stay," Dom says.
"Owen Shaw," Hobbs says throwing pictures on the table. "Former Air Force Colonel. Elite Soldier. He led Britain's mobile device in Cabo and Bosnia."
"We're talking about mobile warfare. The best in the world." Riley says.

"Do you have a few dollars?" Rome whisper asks me and I shake my head no. He walks over to Tej.
"For years they have operated in Europe. The last few jobs have brought them to a whole new level. Three objectives are carefully selected. A program fermented from an ICPM missile. A pair of vipers from..." Hobbs explains before Rome says something.
"Do you have any dollars?" Rome asks Tej and Hobbs gives him a death glare.
"You're a millionaire and you still scrounging for money?" Tej asks him handing him some coins.
"This is how to remain a millionaire!" Rome answers before walking over to a vending machine.

"What does this mean then?" Brian asks Hobbs.
"Our best guess is that Shaw's team is building a natskygenhed," Hobbs says.
"Which is...." Tej asks.
"A technology bomb that can shut down an entire communication network for 24 hours. Diaphragm you a soldier in a second in battle, so he dies. Diaphragm you a country for 24 hours, can cause causalities to reach the soaring numbers. It can be worth billions," Hobbs explains.

"Billions? Why we just not build the shit?" Rome asks looking at Tej. Tej just rolls his eyes. "Hey, man. Which one is a dollar?" Hobbs takes his gun out and shoots the glass out of the vending machine.
"It's on the house," Hobbs says as he puts his gun away. "You have to help me catch Shaw. He needs only one more piece and I want to stop him before he finds it. And I know you are a family. So I offer you a chance to make the family whole again. Do you want to make this family whole again?" Brian looks at the picture of Letty, before looking at me.

"Show us the way to Letty, you get Shaw. Full pardon for all of us," Brian says to Hobbs.
"I can't promise you that," Hobbs says.
"Yes, you can. This is our offer. It's either or," Dom says.
"Get me Shaw and I'll get your pardons," Hobbs agrees and we plan for the mission. I just have to use more caution now.

 I just have to use more caution now