5

(Brian P.O.V.)

I am heading to work at Harry's when there are cops behind me.

"Show me your hands. Very good. Now open the door. Put your hands on your head. Face the front of the vehicle, walk back towards the rear. Take two steps to your right. Stop right there." I hear Muse say as I pull over.
"What did I do?" I ask, just in case anyone is watching I won't blow my cover.
"Shut up. He's clean, Serge." Muse says as he puts me in handcuffs and puts me in the backseat of the car. We pull up at their hideout, which is a very fancy house. We get out and are walking to the door.

"Damn! Muse, will you take these things off? Shit. You put them on so tight." I complain to Muse.
"I like realism," Muse says as he takes the handcuffs off.
"You never know who's watching, Brian," Serge says.
"Nice crib, Sergeant. It's a lot nicer than the last place you confiscated." I say as we walk inside.

"That was an $80,000 vehicle, Officer." FBI Agent Bilkins says.
"Send the bill to Johnny Tran," I say.
"Let's talk about it. Muse, why don't you make us four iced cappuccinos, please." Serge orders. As we all sit down.
"Regular or decaf, Serge?" Muse asks.
"Decaf, I think." Serge answers.

"Four hijackings in two months, and we have nothing. The DVD players and digital cameras are worth $1.2 million....which brings the grand total to $6 million plus. We're in the political crosshairs now, Brian. That's why you're undercover. You want that detective badge fast, kid. And you want to know something? The FBI can help, if you come through for us." Bilkins says.
"What does the truck driver say?" I ask.

"He gave us the same M.O.: Four Honda Civics, precision driving....the same green neon glow from under the chassis. Labs say the skid marks came back the same: Mashamoto ZX tires." Serge explains.
" So, we know it's somebody in the street-racing world," I say.
"If we don't make this case, the truckers will take matters into their own hands. I tell them we're close. Are you going to make me a liar?" Bilkins says.
"Look, what do we know? We know this world revolves around Dom, right? I'm not saying that he's the one that's popping these trucks....but I can guarantee he knows who is. It's just a matter of time until I win.." I am interrupted.

"You want time? We don't have time. Just get me something I can use. Is Harry cooperating? What kind of vibe is he getting from Toretto?" Serge says.
"Like a guy that'll do time for receiving stolen parts if he don't. He's scared of him, but he doesn't think he's jacking trucks. Toretto's too controlled for this." I say.
"Not that I want to contradict Harry's fine judge of character...but Toretto did hard time for nearly beating a guy to death..." Bilkins starts.
"He's got nitrous oxide in his blood and a gas tank for a brain. Do not turn your back on him." Serge says.
"Bilkins, I'm gonna need another car," I say.

(August P.O.V.)

Everybody was in the garage, working on cars, besides Vince. I don't know where he is because he wasn't there when I woke up either. Mia came out of the office with paperwork. Dom and I walk over to her. We start discussing the paperwork.

"What about parts and service?" Mia asks Dom.
"Hold off on it," Dom answers,
"Dom, I don't know what to do with it," Mia says. We all turn to the side door of the garage and see a pile of what used to be a car being backed in.

"All right, what the hell is this?" I ask. Then Brian walks in from the direction of the truck with the car on its trailer.
"What do you got there?" Dom asks Brian.
"This is your car." Brian answers. Everyone, besides Dom, chuckles.
"My car? I said a 10-second car, not a 10-minute car," Dom says smirking.
"You could push this across the finish line," I say smiling.
"You couldn't even tow that across the finish line," Jesse adds and we high-five.
"No faith," Brian says looking at all of us.
"I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard," Dom says.
"This is a garage," I add motioning around us.
"Pop the hood," Brian says rolling his eyes at our criticism.
"Pop the hood?" Dom asks in disbelief.
"Pop the hood," Brian says again. Jesse and I get on the trailer and pop the hood.