10

(August P.O.V.)

We reach the place where we hide the Honda Civics. We start getting ready.

"All right, we're one man short. Letty, I need you on the left side. August, you on the right." Dom says as we pack the cars.
"Your sister's right about this one. This don't feel good." Leon says. It was clear we were all uneasy.
"Don't do that," Dom says.
"Something's wrong," Letty says.
"Stop," Dom says.
"We shouldn't be doing this without Jesse," I say.

"This is the mother lode. We've been on this for three months. After this, it's a long vacation for everyone." Dom says.
"Let's go," Vince says. He then walks over to me by my car.

"Be careful out there. Keep an eye on the driver. Okay?" I say to him. He nods and then leans down and kisses me.

"After this, it's just going to be you and me. I'm through trying to get Mia's attention. Especially since I have and will always have your attention. You and me, okay?" Vince says bringing tears to my eyes. I know I'll never be with Brian cause whether he blows his cover or not he will have Mia. But Vince, Vince has always been there for me. I pull him in for another kiss.

"You and me. Be careful." I say. He kisses my forehead before heading over to Dom's car.
"Come on. Let's make this happen. Leon, keep on those scanners." Dom says.
"Copy that," Leon says.
"All right, let's go," Dom says as we all get into our cars.

(Brian P.O.V.)

We were riding down the open road waiting for a trace on the number when my phone rang.

"Okay, we traced the number to the northbound 86. Mile 114, outside Coachella. We'll keep the trace open, Officer." The lady said.
"Let me see this," I say grabbing the map from Mia. "I think we're about 40 miles away," I say looking at the map.
"What are you gonna do?" Mia asks looking at me. I honestly did not know. "What are you gonna do?" Mia asks again.

(August P.O.V.)

We were heading down the road the truck was traveling. My phone beeped. I looked at it and it was being traced. An advantage of a police phone. Mia must have given Brian my number and he traced my number.

"Okay! Go time!" Dom says through the walkie-talkie.
"We're all good. I got nothing on the scanners." Leon says through the walkie-talkie.
"Keep going," Dom says. Vince pulls the windshield out of the truck and then anchors to the passenger seat. Vince gets ready to jump on the truck. I notice Dom get panicked.

"Vince! Vince, don't! Get back in! Vince!" Dom yells trying to get Vince's attention. Vince jumps on to the truck. "He's got a shotgun!" Dom yells. The trucker shoots at Vince. Vince attempts to jump back but gets tangled in the cable.

"Leon! Back off!" Dom yells through the walkie-talkie. Leon pulls back.
"Get him off of there!" I yell through the walkie-talkie. "Oh, shit!" I say as the trucker shoots Dom's back glass.
"August, Letty pull back!" Dom yells through the walkie-talkie. I go underneath the truck.

"Get me off this thing! Pull up!" Vince yells at Dom.
"Unhook yourself. Do it! Do it!" Dom yells back.
"I can't get...," Vince yells but gets slung around by the truck.
"You can do it! Come on, Vince!" Dom yells.
"Dom! I'm pulling up to distract him!" Letty yells through the walkie-talkie. Letty is distracting the driver, while Dom is trying to get Vince. The driver shoots Letty's back glass. "Son of a bitch!" Letty yells.

"Take me off here, or I'll have to unhook the wire!" Vince yells.
"Try it again. One, two, three! Unhook yourself!" Dom yells after attempting to get Vince off.
"I can't get my arm free!" Vince yells.
"Vince, grab my hand!" Dom yells trying to get close to Vince with his hand out of the car.
"My arm!" Vince yells.
"Listen, give me your hand. I'm gonna pull you off the rig!" Dom yells trying to reach Vince. The driver shoots in Vince's direction and hits him in the side of his stomach. "Vince! Hold on! Give me your hand! Listen to me!" Dom yells. The driver manages to shoot one of Dom's back tires out.