18

(Rome P.O.V.)

I get a bottle of window cleaner and walk over to their car.

"Elian and Fidel!" I say as I pop up at their window. "Hey, man, I'll clean your windshield for you," I say as I start spraying their front glass.
"What are you doin', man?" They ask and start getting out of the car.
"Uno, tres, cuatro, "fourtro," taco. Everything's copacetic, homey." I say slightly rubbing it in then I reach into my pocket and get out my lighter. "Kiss my ass, putos." I say lighting and throwing the lighter on the windshield. It bursts into flames.
"Shit!' They say and start trying to put the flame out. I run off laughing. Brian and Alex pull up.
"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Brian says as I hurry to get into the car. We take off.

(Alex P.O.V.)

We arrive at the place where we are to meet Bilkins and Markham.

"He's gonna blow our cover before we even get started," Rome says as we go to walk in.
"Hey, Bilkins, can you tell me what went wrong?" Brian asks.
"That's what I wanna know," Bilkins says,
"Show me your hands! Come on. Keep 'em up!" Markham says coming out of nowhere with his gun pointed at us. We all raise our hands out of instinct.

"What's this about, man?" Brian asks.
"Hey, w-what's goin' on?" Rome asks when Markham starts patting him down. He finds Rome's gun and takes it.
"Hold this," Markham says handing the guns to Agent Dunn. "You think you can shoot at me! I'm a goddamn federal agent!" Markham shouts lunging at Rome.
"What are you talkin' about? Get your damn hands off me! Get him away from me!" Rome yells trying to fight back. Bilkins and Dunn grab Markham. I pin Rome up against the wall with his hands behind his back. "Just 'cause you wear a badge don't mean you can come in and mess shit up!" Rome says.

"Get your hands off of me!" Markham yells. They let him go.
"You're lucky I didn't shoot you." Rome smarts off.
"Shut up, Rome!" Brian says.
"Don't tell me to shut up, Brian! You almost blew our cover, old man." Rome says.
"You shouldn't have shown up like you did," Brian says to Markham.
"What, you didn't know Verone was testing them?" I ask.
"No. I thought you punks were running." Markham answers.
"Running!" Rome says struggling against my grip on his arms.

"That's great. That's real great! Oh, and if Rome wanted to shoot you, you wouldn't be here right now." Brian says taking his gun out of his waistline and slamming it on the table.
"All right. We gotta get this under control." Bilkins says taking Brian's gun.
"You good," I ask Rome and he nods his head. I let him go and he begins pacing. He notices the bag of food on the table and starts digging through it.

"Hey, that's mine!" Markham says.
"So?" Roman asks and keeps eating.
"So tell me what you know," Bilkins says.
"Well, Rome and I will be making a run for Verone, along with Alex. I'm not sure when and where. But he did say he bought us a window. I'm assuming from the local cops." Brian explains.

"I can talk to some of the guys at the local P.D," Dunn says.
"No. No good. If Verone's got some of them on the payroll, then we can't let them know our operation." Markham says.
"Exactly. Verone told us he himself would be waiting at the drop." I add.
"That's good news if you're gonna be delivering drug money to him, then we can get him for laundering," Markham says.

"No, there's only one problem," Rome says.
"What's that?" Bilkins asks.
"Fuentes, Verone's tappin' her." Rome answers.
"Tappin' her? Tappin' her how?" Bilkins asks.
"That is crap!" Markham says.
"What you talkin' about, homeboy? We know what we seen." Rome says.
"What do you think, O'Conner? Alex? You think she's comprised?" Bilkins asks.
"Either one of you should know." Markham smarts off.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Rome asks.

"What? You mean your old pal O'Conner didn't tell ya? He flipped on Bilkins in L.A. Gave his mark his car keys and let him disappear. That's why he's not a cop anymore." Markham explains. Brian looks down with a hurt yet ashamed look. "Alex also flipped on Bilkins." Markham starts and Brian looks at me surprised. "She had a mission with two marks and let them both get away. Surprised she is still a cop. So what do you think, experts?" Markham explains. I look away not sure what emotion is on my face.