33

(August P.O.V.)

Mia and I have been waiting for Brian, Dom, and Vince to show up. We are watching the TV right now.

"The American fugitives killed three DEA agents during a train robbery....Police warn they are armed and extremely dangerous. Anyone with information should contact law enforcement immediately..." We listen to the reporter say. We hear a bang outside of the door. Mia turns the TV off and grabs a piece of pipe. I get my gun out and grab a piece of pipe in the other hand. We hide behind the columns.

"August?" I hear Brian yell after the door opens.
"Hey," I say as I come from behind the column.
"You okay?" Brian asks.
"Yeah, you all right?" I ask him as we hug. Dom comes in and Mia walks over.
"Hey," Mia says giving Dom a hug. I give Dom a hug also.
"Just like a Toretto," Dom says to Mia and me after noticing the pipes in our hands.
"What can I say?" I ask.

"Where's Vince?" Mia asks.
"That's a good question," Brian says.
"He'll be here," Dom says.
"Guys, we're all over the news," Mia says.
"They're blaming us for the killing of those DEA agents on the train. Which means we just jumped to the top of the wanted list," I explain.
"The feds have got to show everyone their agents are off limits and they're going to send their best guys. We got to get out of here," Brian explains.

"One thing we know for sure is that they wanted this car," Dom says.
"Because something is in it," I say catching on to where he is heading.
"If we find out what it is, we'll know what we're up against." Dom finishes. We get to work with taking the car apart.

(Luke Hobbs P.O.V.)

My team and I arrive in Rio.

"All right, listen up! The men and woman we're after are professional runners. They like speed and are guaranteed to go down the hardest possible way, so make sure you got your funderwear on. We find them, we take them as a team, and we bring them back. And above all else, we don't we ever, ever let them get into cars. The crime scene is 10 hours old and counting, men. Let's go hunting." I explain to my team before we start working.

"Agent Hobbs! Chief of Police, Joo Almeida," Joo says.
"Luke," I say as we shake hands.
"Sorry to hear about the loss of your men. Is all this really necessary to apprehend two men and a woman?" Joo asks.
"Let me tell you something about these two men and woman. One man is a former federal officer, been in deep cover for five years. He knows every way you're going to come for him. The other one is a professional criminal, escaped prison twice, spent half his life on the run avoiding folks like you. The woman is a former federal officer as well, been in deep cover for nine years. She knows how cops think. Plus when she wasn't a cop she is the criminal's sister, she knows how to avoid people like you," I explain. She and I have worked together before.

"Well, is there's anything we can do to help the DSS...," Joo says.
"Two things. One, I need a translator," I say.
"We have plenty in the public relations department," Joo says.
"Elena Neves," I say.
"A patrol officer?" Joo asks.
"You heard me," I answer.
"But why? We have more experienced people," Joo asks.
"I like her smile," I answer.
"What's the second thing?" Joo asks.
"Stay the fuck out of my way," I answer and get to work.

(August P.O.V.)

We were almost done taking the car apart when Vince came in.

"God damn. What a mess!" Vince complains.
"Where you been, man?" I ask in a serious tone.
"You better check that tone," Vince says. Which upsets Brian.
"And you better answer the goddamn question," Brian says as he fully stands.
"Stop it! All of you." Mia says getting between us all.

"Where were you, Vince?" Dom asks.
"Guys all over the favelas asking about you. Couldn't get out of there without leading them straight to you. Had to wait them out." Vince says and I can tell he's lying.
"That is such horseshit," I say.
"That was your job, and those were your guys!" Brian says.
"Hey!" Vince says heading towards Brian.
"Hey! Enough, O'Conner! August, if he said he didn't do it, he didn't do it. Both of you go walk it off." Dom says. Brian and I head outside to cool down.