19

(Alex P.O.V.)

We arrive back at Tej's garage. We are celebrating when I remember we have to go meet Verone.

"Rome, Brian," I say to get their attention. They turn and face me. "We need to get ready to go meet Verone," I say as realization dawns on their faces. We all head our separate ways to get ready. Since we are going to a club and for the fact that I have to dress up around Verone, I pick out a dress. The dress is a white. For shoes, I go with gladiator sandals. And the necklace Dom gave me on one of my birthdays. I miss Dom, Mia, Letty, Vince, and Leon. I wonder what they're up to. I put on some mascara and head out. Brian and Rome are waiting by the cars when I come out. They are talking, so they don't see me coming. They are both wearing a white button-up shirt. Rome is wearing jeans and some type of work boots. Brian is wearing khakis and converse. He always has to have his converse. It's a good look on Brian. Rome notices me and cat-whistles.

"Damn, girl. You clean up good." Rome says making Brian turn and look at me. His jaw drops and he just stares. I feel a slight blush creep onto my cheeks.
"You both aren't that bad either," I reply to Rome. "Well, let's go," I say getting nervous with Brian staring at me. Rome gets in his car, while Brian opens my door for me. After I get in, he closes it then jogs to his side. He gets in and stares at me.

"You look amazing," Brian says while smiling at me, which makes me smile.

"Let's go, cowboy," I say and we take off.

(Brian P.O.V.)

Rome and I won! Woo-hoo! Everyone heads back to Tej's garage. We start celebrating when Alex pulls Rome and me aside.

"We need to get ready to go meet Verone," Alex says. Shit! I totally forgot about that. We all head our separate ways to get ready. I decide on a nice white button up shirt with khakis and my converse. I walk out to see Rome waiting by his car.

"What took you so long, man?" Rome asks.
"I had to find something," I answer him.
"You sound like a girl to me," Rome says.
"No. We both know who the girl is, cause she ain't here right now." I say.

"Yeah, whatever, man," Rome says and he looks behind me and smirks. "Damn, girl. You clean up good." Rome says. I turn around to see what he's talking about. Wow! Alex is gorgeous. I feel my jaw drop slightly and I can't help but stare. She looks like a goddess. She is in a white dress with sandals.

"You both aren't that bad either." She says and her cheeks have a hint of blush on them. "Well, let's go." She says kinda nervous like.

Rome gets in his car, while I open August's door for her. After she gets in, I close it then jog to my side. I get in and can't help but stare at Alex.

"You look amazing." I finally say while smiling at her, which makes her smile.

"Let's go, cowboy." She says with a slight blush. We head to the club.

(Alex P.O.V.)

I am riding with Brian on the way to the club and he keeps sneaking glances at me. I think he is starting to fall for this side of me. We get to the club and walk up to the entrance.

"Hey, how you doin'?" Brian asks the guard at the door.
"Good. What you need?" The guard asks.
"We're guests of Mr. Verone's" I answer. The guard allows us inside. We walk inside and start to look around.

"It's an 'oasis' in here, brah," Rome says looking at all the girls.
"Yeah." Brian agrees but glances at me.
"Lot's of potential," Rome says. "Damn. You got a pen?" Rome asks Brian as a girl walks past him. "It's about to get serious, brah. Look at that girl on the swing right there." Rome says checking out the girls. I spot Monica making her way to us through the crowd.

"Hey, girl," I say.
"Hey. You guys did something right. Verone never socializes with hired help." Monica says as she walks up to us.
"Then what's that make you?" Rome smarts off.
"Where's he at?" Brian and I ask at the same time.
"He's on his way." Monica answers.
"You and Verone don't go everywhere together?" Rome smarts off again.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Monica asks.
"Nothin'" Rome answers. "I'm-a go take a piss," Rome says.
"You go do that," Monica says and Rome walks off. "I'm going to see if he's here yet," Monica says before walking off.

"Want to go get a drink?" Brian asks me. I nod and we go sit down at the bar.
"So, what's up with Rome?" I ask.
"He doesn't trust people that carry badges." Brian answers.
"But he seems to kinda like me?" I question.
"Yeah, but you don't act like a cop, so I guess he doesn't really see you as one." Brian answers.

"So, you talk like you have known each other for a while," I say.
"Yeah. I'd been a cop about two months when Rome was busted in a garage raid. He had eight sets of wheels in his possession, each and every one of them hot." Brian explains.
"So you busted him?" I ask.
"No. I didn't even know what was goin' down. But, uh, that doesn't really matter to him. Basically, once I became a cop, Roman started seeing me as a friend that became the enemy." Brian explains.
"Yeah. It happens to all of us in this business. When I first became a cop, I was in L.A. I grew up there. Well once I became a cop, my best friend since high school, found out and she just stopped talking to me." I explain.
"That's the reason I got out of it. I started hurting the ones I cared about." Brian says.

"Yeah," I say. I notice a tattoo on Brian's wrist. "What's this?" I ask pointing at Brian's wrist. He shows me and it says 'Trust, Family, A.' "Trust, Family, A?" I ask.
"Trust is a very important thing to have in life. Family is forever. No matter what happens you will always have your family. And A well that's for a girl that saved my life even after I put her and her family's life in danger." Brian explains.

"Is that why you aren't a cop anymore? What was her name?" I ask him even though I already know it's me.

"Yeah. Her name is August." Brian answers and you can hear the love in his voice. I almost want to tell him that it is me. "What about yours?" Brian asks seeing the one on my wrist. Shit! Mine has Ride or Die on it. That's what Dom and I say, hopefully, he won't remember that.
"Ride or die." Brian reads with a questioning look on his face. He is holding my wrist in his hand. Rome and Monica come up to us.

"What's up?" Brian asks letting go of my wrist. That was close I almost had to come up with another story to lie about.
"He's here, man." Rome answers.
"Where's he at?" I ask.
"He's over there," Monica says.
"Don't look," Rome says, but Brian and I look anyways.