21

(Alex P.O.V.)

As I walk towards the boathouse I feel Brian watching me as I went, so I make sure to sway my hips. I always leave the door open, because I sleep with a gun near the bed. There is a thick curtain over the door to keep people from seeing in. I sit down on the bed. I take my shoes and jewelry off, then I get up and go to take my dress off. I go to take my dress off, but there is a knock on the wall outside. I grab my gun and walk over to see who it is. I move the curtain out of the way and standing there looking nervous is Brian

"Hey. I'm sorry, I shouldn't of came." Brian says and starts to walk off.
"Wait," I say and he turns around. "It's fine. Come in." I say and walk back inside. He follows and I set the gun on the nightstand.
"Is that always there?" Brian asks.
"Yeah. Just a precaution since I don't close the door." I explain. Brian sits on the bed. I find a hair tie and put my hair up. I sit down by Brian. "So, what you wanna talk about?" I ask him.

"You never did tell me about your tattoo," Brian says.
"Well, that best friend I was telling you about earlier," I say and Brian nods. "Well, she had a twin sister and an older brother. We all loved to race and before every race, even if we weren't racing we would say it. So, me and her got matching tattoos." I explain.
"Okay," Brian says as he rubs his hand down my arm. Over the scare from when I tried to protect Jesse but failed. "What's this?" He asks rubbing it.

"I got shot," I answer.
"How did that happen?" He asks.
"I was trying to protect a friend and it was a machine gun," I answer and remember the one on my side. "If you'll unzip the dress I'll show you the other place I got hit," I say. As he does he lightly drags his fingers down my back making me shiver. I pull the side of the dress forward and show him. He rubs his fingers across it. We both look up into each other's eyes. He cups my cheek and we kiss. After a while, I feel us laying down on the bed. The next morning when I woke up with my head on Brian's bare chest and he has his arms wrapped around me. I look down at what I'm wearing hoping I'm wearing something. I'm in one of my sports bras and shorts. Brian's in nothing, but his underwear. I start to go back to sleep and just savor the moment, but I hear a noise coming from the bathroom. I get out of Brian's arms when Monica enters the room from the bathroom.

"What are you doin' here?" I ask her sitting up. Brian wakes up and notices Monica.
"Brian, Alex, they're gonna kill you. I heard him telling Enrique and Roberto. Once you finish the run, they're putting a bullet in your head." Monica explains.
"You're sure you heard 'em right?" I ask her.
"I'm sure. I'm sure." Monica answers.

"Verone's boys are outs...." Rome says as he busts in. "Oh, I see what they lookin' for....his little girlfriend here," Rome says.
"They don't know I'm here. I snuck out." Monica explains.
"What are they doin' here then?" Rome asks.
"I don't know maybe they're guessing." Monica answers.
"Hey, go stall them," I tell Rome.
"Go stall them for two minutes," Brian says.
"Check her, homey. Check her." Rome says walking out.
"I'll go make sure she can get back out through the bathroom," I say getting up and going to check it. After I check that she can, I wait and listen to her and Brian's conversation.

"Brian, this isn't about being a good cop anymore or-or doing your job. They're going to kill you. You guys have to pull out." Monica explains. Okay?" She asks.
"Yeah." Brian answers. It gets quiet so I look and they're kissing.
"Don't make that run, Brian," Monica says and I decide to come out before anything else happens.

"It's clear. I'll help you. Let's go." I say annoyed. She heads to the bathroom. I'm about to go, but Brian grabs my arm.
"You saw? Didn't you?" Brian asks me. I nod my head. "That was all her. I swear. I only like you." Brian explains.
"Okay," I say and he kisses me. I kiss back, happy to know that I mean so much to him.
"Be careful." We say at the same time. I help Monica out. I decided to wet my hair to make it look like I just got out of the shower and just kinda wait.

(Brian P.O.V.)

I walk outside and see Roberto and Enrique getting fed up with Rome. They walk onto the boat.

"You ain't comin' on my...." Rome says trying to stop them. Roberto goes in the house and I try to stop him.
"Hey, hey! Where you goin'? You stay right here with us, buddy. Don't even think about it." Enrique says keeping Rome and me back. I hope Monica made it out and that Alex is safe. I pull the curtain back to watch Roberto. He checks under the bed and then he heads to the bathroom. He slings the door open.

"HEY!" Alex yells. He drags her out of the bathroom. "What are you doing?" She yells. She has a towel wrapped around her head, but from him tugging on her, it falls to reveal wet hair. He notices and lets her go.
"Vmonos!" Enrique says. They walk out and start to leave.

"Stay your ass off my homeboy's boat." Rome smarts off. We start fighting them and they pull out guns. Alex runs back inside. I get Enrique's gun and have it pointed at his shoulder. Roberto has his gun pointed at Rome's head.
"Put the gun down! Put the gun down now!" I yell at Roberto.
"You first asshole! You first!" Roberto yells back.
"I'll shoot the shit outta him! Put the gun down!" I yell back.
"T primero!" Enrique says.
"Put the gun down now!" I yell again.
"Put the gun down!" Alex yells aiming her gun at Roberto, as she comes back out.
"Enough. Enough." Verone yells from behind us. We all put our guns down. Roberto goes to say something. "Shut up," Verone says.

(Alex P.O.V.)

The guys start fighting and Roberto and Enrique bring out guns, so I run inside and get mine. Roberto and Brian are yelling back in forth so, I walk out aiming my gun at Roberto who has his aimed at Rome's head and Brian's had his aimed in Enrique's shoulder. Then Verone shows up and everyone lowers their gun.

"I'm glad to see you all are getting along so well. Because tomorrow, Roberto and Enrique are gonna be riding with you just so we don't have any problems. I'll see you guys in a bit." Verone says before he and Roberto and Enrique leave.
"What the hell was she doin' there, man?" Rome asks Brian.