23

(Brian P.O.V.)

We pull up at Tarpon Point and I shoot Alex a worried glance. Then I have a guy with a gun at my door.

"It's all right. Let them out." I hear Verone say.
"Get out. Pop the trunk. Hurry up." The guy tells me. Alex and I stand in front of Verone and the guy gets the three bags out of the trunk and sits them on the ground by Verone. Monica is standing by Verone.
"Where's the rest of it?" Verone asks.
"The other car," I answer.
"Another car. Where's the other car?" Verone asks.
"On the way." Alex answers.
"On the way, huh?" Verone asks.
"Yeah. Here's your money." I say.

"So you know nothing about the agents that stormed my jet?" Verone asks me. I shake my head no. "The funny thing is that I only told two people about the airstrip," Verone says turning towards Monica. "Hmm," Verone says as he rubs his hand down Monica's cheek before turning to Alex and doing the same. "Customs agents sure are getting' pretty, aren't they?" Verone asks and I tense up at his touching of Alex. "Put them on the boat." Verone orders the men.

"Let's go. Get on the boat." They say leading Monica and Alex away. Alex looks back at me with a calm expression and I don't know how she is calm because I'm worried like crazy.
"Hide the cars and get rid of him." Verone orders Enrique. Verone goes and gets on the boat.

"Back in the car," Enrique tells me. We get back in the car. "End of the road. You know, I like you, but I still gotta kill you. It's my job." Enrique explains. We hear static come through the walkie-talkie. "What's that?" Enrique asks. We hear a car engine. "What's that?" Enrique asks mad.
"It's Barstow, baby! It's about to get ugly!" Rome says through the walkie-talkie right before he rams into the car. I start fight, Enrique. Rome opens the door and we fall out still fighting. Rome helps me take out Enrique.
"Let's go. Come on." I say before we get into the blue car.

(Alex P.O.V.)

Monica and I were put on the boat. Verone gets on the boat and we take off.

"You had me. You slipped. Eleven and a half months, and you slipped once." Verone says to Monica. "I have to say it really doesn't surprise me about you. I mean how close you're to the drivers and Monica handpicked you." Verone says to me while I spit in his face. "Put them downstairs. I'll see you both in a second." Verone says while wiping the spit away. The guys take us downstairs.

(Brian P.O.V.)

I begin heading in the same direction as the boat.

"I thought you was dead, man," Rome says.
"Yeah. Me too. Thanks for saving my ass, bro." I reply.
"What are you doin', Brian?" Rome asks worriedly.
"I don't know, but if Verone sees a helicopter or Customs boat, Alex is dead," I answer while I and Rome share a worried look. I begin heading towards a pier.

"Boat. Car. Boat." Rome says putting things together. "You're not gonna do what I think you're gonna do?" Rome asks extremely worried.
"Yeah, I think so. You got my back?" I say.
"Yeah." Rome answers.
"Put on a seatbelt," I say. I put mine on and Rome doesn't.
"Show 'em some real Dukes of Hazzard shit. We're gonna do this big." Rome chants.
"Hold on, Rome. Hold on." I yell as I start to go up the pier.

"Oh! Brian, you crazy, man! What the hell you doin'? Brian, what the hell you doin'? Whoa!" Rome yells right before we jump off the pier and fly towards the boat.
"Shit!" We both yell as we crash into the boat. A few minutes after the impact we look around.

"My arm. I think I broke my arm, man." Rome complains. He should have put his seatbelt on. All of a sudden Verone is standing in front of us aiming a shotgun at us. "Get the gun," Rome whispers as he pushes his gun towards me. Before I can raise the gun to fire, there is a gunshot and Verone falls. As Verone falls I see Alex behind him with her gun raised. She looks a little beat up.