༄9༄

"We're here." Tanjiro says after a while of walking.

He waves up to his crow signaling it to come down which it immediately does, and it then lands on his wrist.

"What seems to be the problem in this town?" Tanjiro asks his crow.

"WEIRD LETTERS! Squaaak KEEPS KILLING PEOPLE SQUAAK! people MISSING AFTER RECEIVING LETTERS!" his bird says.

Tanjiro nods and then turns around to meet us.

"So.. people are dying from receiving odd letters he says, we should ask people for more information, come along you two." Tanjiro says.

You and Inosuke walk behind Tanjiro following him up to a small group of townsfolk.

"Ah demon slayers! Thank goodness you're here!" A woman says.

"Hello ma'am, do you think you could explain to us the current situation of what's happening?" Tanjiro asks.

"Yes yes of course, please come with me." She says walking you all to a fairly big house, it seems she must be the mayor or something of this town.

"So... mail has been quite difficult for everyone, we recently shut down our postal services.. cause of the amounts of letters people have received and died." She says.

"We do know that it's okay to read it, it's just the smell of the ink is the problem, it's some poison of some sort." She sighs.

"Tontaro! Your sense of smell is terrifyingly good so it's best if I take care of this!!!" Inosuke exclaims.

"I was just about to say... I don't want to risk dying just like that.." Tanjiro says.

"We managed to get it inside a glass container, enough to read what it says." She says pointing over to where it is.

"Go read it." You say shoving Inosuke over to it.

"Y-yeah.. well I can't read, you do it slave! I'm ordering you too now!" Inosuke shouts extending a finger
out to where the letter is.

"You can't read?!" You exclaim.

"SHUT UP AND READ THE DAMN LETTER!" Inosuke yells.

You roll your eyes and walk over to the letter.

...no wonder it gives off such a dangerous smell, it's demon blood, but not any demon blood, it must be some sort of demon blood art to make it poisonous.

You take a look at what it says.

I doubt the people receiving these letters will read this before they drop dead. However, to whoever is reading this now, In order to find me, you must hand over a single drop of human blood to the pedestal in the middle of this town, I'll come settle this then.

...what could this mean?

you walk over to Tanjiro and Inosuke.

"It's saying in order to summon it, it will need a single drop of human blood dripped onto a pedestal in the middle of this town, once that happens they will come." You say.

"It seems rather... giving themselves away type of thing do you think it's a trap?" You say.

"It could be." Tanjiro says.

"Tch... nothing the great Inosuke can't handle." Inosuke smirks.

"I mean, how else can we try?" You say.

"i guess, we just hope for the best..." tanjiro says, " I suggest we should go tonight." he says.

you and Inosuke nod in agreement with Tanjiros words.