༄25༄

The ride on the cart has lasted from the middle of the day till night and then till day. Eventually, before you knw it, the cart finally comes to a complete stop. You look over your shoulder to see the man riding the cart waving over to you to get off. 

"This is as much as i can take you miss, is this good enough?" The man says.

"Yeah this is perfect, i should be there in like an hour or so now." You grin.

You grab your bag and then hop off of the cart, happily waving goodbe to the man who brought you here. 

If you remember right, you woke up in a forest with a lake, it was inbetween a city of some sort and a huge cave with demons you and Kai would tend to avoid. Your best bet is finding that forest, but try not to run int any of the demons by chance. It must have been the facilitz Kai saved you from, and the city is probaby where you came from.

You dont know which is left or right though, so best be extra careful. With that, you fasten your robe tightly and head onto the road.

As you're walking, lots of thoughts rush through your mind. You wonder what your parents will think of you, if they'll be surprised to see you. But would they be surprised in a good way or a bad way. Are your parents even alive? Did you have any friends?

You shake your head. Come on Y/N dont stress.

An hour passes and now you see a patch of trees, this must be the forest you came from, you quickly run up to it, and dash through the bushes, luckily no demons should harass you since its the middle of the day, and they dont have sun protectant robes like you do.

As you're waling around the woods, you first try to remember where exactly it was you woke up, everything about the forest so far does seem oddly familiar, which must be a good sign. You remember you woke up feeling very parched, and you ran to a lake nearby, so wherever you first woke up must mean there is a lake nearby.

You reamin really quiet, so that you can atleast hear the sounds of rushing water, you take every step really slowly, so you are able to pay close attention.

A few minutes later, thats when you hear it

Rushing water.

A smile spreads across your face and you quickly head to the direction you heard the flowing water. Thats when you see it, a lake.

"oh my goodness, i made it! this is the lake! i woke up around here, this is my first memory!" You exclaim to yourself.

"Now to find the city." You mumble.

You stand there and think, you really dont wanna wake any demons up and have them interact with you, you know they wont hurt you but they could force their lifestyle on you.

"Cmon... think, where is the human village..." You grumble.

You dont know why, but something is telling you its towards the right.

"I guess i'll trust my instinct." You say, quickly running.

You feel so happy, you're gonna learn about your past, where you came from, and hopefully even get your memory back. But you're so nervous at the same time...

Thats when you see it the human village. You stop dead in your tracks and stare at it.

It looks... terrible, it looks really run down, and its awfully cloudy, you dont even have to wear a robe bcause of how cloudy it is. There are people there but they all look... so sad. This is beginning to make you anxious, maybe this town is poor.