༄28༄

You did as your parents said, and went to bed. Even though you aren't tired. They want things to be the way they always were, they probably just don't wanna accept the fact that you're a demon. I guess that is understandable. So you try to sleep, but nothing happens.

The whole night, you sit there on your bed. That's when the idea hits you, this is your room, why don't you explore it, maybe find out a few things about yourself.

You hop off your bed and walk over to the shelves in your room.

You pull out a book from the shelf, it looks like a notebook. But its labeled:

Punishments

You flip through the pages. 

On the first page it has something quite intimidating on it.

January 5th

                             I'm sorry.

 I will not leave the house without mommy and daddy. I will not leave the house without mommy and daddy. I will not leave the house without mommy and daddy. I will not leave the house without mommy and daddy. I will not leave the house without mommy and daddy. I will not leave the house without mommy and daddy. etc....

A shiver goes down your spine. You continue flipping the pages, its a different thing written repeatedly on every single page.

I will not leave the house without mommy and daddy, i will do better in school, I will not lie. I will not steal from mommy and daddy, i will not read anything without mommy and daddies permission. I will not invite Kana and Hiro here. I will not spend my money without mommy and daddy. I will not accept gifts from school.

It goes on and on with this nonsense.

"Wow.." You mutter, placing the book back.

"Its.. its just their way of parenting, all parents raise their kids differently, they're just extra strict." You chuckle.

You pull out a different book. This time its actually a book.

It has such a bland cover, and the book doesn't even look that interesting, it has a bookmark on it and its still at the beginning. There are no children's books such as fairytales or anything, its all such strict books. The rest of the books on the shelf are the same, such boring books. Nothing of interest.

You let out a deep sigh, Hiro wasn't joking, your parents are sure strict.

You decide to stop looking and lye down on your bed, taking a deep breath. Even your room is boring, no plushies or anything, no fun bedsheets or anything.

It is now morning. The rest of the night you just sat there doing nothing, waiting for your parents to wake you. You weren't sure whether to just go or wait for them to wake you. But speak of the devil there's a knock on the door. Its your mother.

"Good morning, d-dear. Breakfast is in the kitchen." Mother says, leaving the door open for you to walk out.

With that you help yourself up and walk to the kitchen.

There are eggs, toast, and rice on the table.

"Mom, i appreciate it, but eating this is basically like drinking water, i taste nothing, not gain anything." You explain.

"Just eat, like we said, you're our child, you listen." Mom says.

You roll your eyes, and shove the food in your mouth. Like you explained, you taste nothing, and only feel the texture of it in your mouth.