༄4༄

(Note: pic above is basically what Kai looks like! Credit to the artist! I was gonna draw him but I didn't have the motivation, I might later though and add it to the chapters later <3 enjoy the story!)

"Dont look back! Just keep going forward!" Kai shouts.

You barely understand the words he's saying, you haven't felt more afraid. Demon slayers are skilled at slaying demons both of you have a chance of dying, either that or one of you. Your hearing is blurred out and your heart rate is fast.

"(Y/n)! Can you hear me?" Kai shouts.

You suddenly snap back into reality, and your hearing returns. Kai is running forward, head turned to look at your face to make sure your okay.

"I can hear you." You say.

"Okay! Good you went silent." He exclaims.

"Kai?! What are we gonna do? This hasn't happened before! I'm worried!" You exclaim.

"Everything will be fine, just do exactly as I tell you!" He says.

You nod and continue running, you both don't even know where you are, your running into a bunch of
Branches and bushes but you both don't care, as long as you can get away from the demon slayers.

You trip over a branch, causing you both to fall over. Kai immediately pushed himself up and helped you up as fast as he could, as you both continued running. You could hear them gaining on you, their voices coming closer and closer.

"I have an idea, we're gonna go to the cave. I need you to hide in there, I have an emergency outfit you can use for camouflage." He informs.

"But Kai?! What about you?" You shout.

"They'll think the lingering sense of demon is just me who was once in that cave so they won't suspect you or see you, no need to worry about me." Kai says.

"What are you saying?! I wanna know if your gonna be okay!!?" You say.

"I'll be fine just trust me!" He says.

As you both find the cave you immediately rush into it, finding the camouflage he was talking about and putting it on. He sits at a different edge of the cave, you were praying that they lost you, won't find you anywhere near here.

But no.

"Both of you get out of the cave! We know your in there!" A demon slayer shouts.

You sigh in disappointment about to get up but Kai motions you to stay put so that's what you do. Instead Kai goes out of the cave.

"What? Kai what are you doing?!" You whisper shout but he shushes you.

He walks up to you and presses his hand against your cheek, to caress it. You look at him sadly, what on earth is he doing?! He better not be doing what you think he's doing.

Kai leaves the cave and stands infront of it looking at all the demon slayers.

"Where's the girl?!" One of them shouts.

"I don't know where she went, we split paths while we ran. You can check my cave all you want." Kai says calmly.

"Which way did she go?!" One shouted.

"Hear me out. She isn't the one you want, I am. She's never killed any human whatsoever, it was all me. Im an ex member of the Hoshokusha clan." Kai says.

Hoshokusha clan? What's that?

"He's saying nonsense!" A demon slayer shouts.

The hoard of demon slayers all babble in agreement, murmuring how he should be dead and how they need to find you. When all of a sudden.