𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡.

Detroit Michigan
Omniscient

Lamoni sat on her floor looking into at her small body mirror that hung behind her door, looking at her face seeing if any of the bruises that had been placed on her body were still visible.

Seeing that they were now barely noticeable she snatched her phone from beside her clicking on Mrs.Brooks contact.

"Hello?" Mrs.brooks said after it connected "Hey Mrs.brook I called to tell you that I can come and get Leon today are you guys back yet?" She asked standing to her feet.

Mrs.brooks insisted that she take Leon for the weekend because the church was taking the kids to a theme park the next city over for two days.

It also worked in her favor too cause she didn't want to have to worry about taking him to and from daycare and people asking questions because the bruises all over her.

"Oh yeah, I was just about to call you. We are all getting back to the church now ." Mrs.Brooks said with a little laugh.

"Ok well i'll be on the way now." returning the laugh with Mrs.brooks. "Alright honey i'll get him together and put all his things in his bag. See you when you get here bye." Mrs brooks said sounding like she was moving around

"ok see you bye." They said the saying there goodbyes before Lamoni hung up the phone.
-
"So wha'd y'all do ova there." Moni asked leon while they were walking back home. "It was so fun ! We went to church and the dinosaur boat ride and and six flags!" Leon exclaimed jumping up and down.

"oh really, that sounds like a lot of fun buba." Lamoni said returning his energy.

Getting a call Moni looked down seeing it was Zalaya. "Hello?" Moni said continuing her walk.

"hey girl come wit me to see tae and nem , last time I was over there I really embarrassed myself, and tae just invited me please come." Zalaya said sounding like she was on the verge of tears.

"Where y'all chillin at?" Moni ask grabbing Leon's hand keeping him next to her. "At Tae's house." She said sniffling."Sure girl." Moni said it wanting to deal with crying at the moment.

"Ok imma come get you where are you?" Zalaya said getting up out of a bed. "Home, but i got leon too so."Moni said sliding leon through her bedroom window so Devin didn't see them. "Ok i'm on the way." Zalaya said hanging up

Moni also slid through the window and sighed taking Leon's hand walking him to his room getting him dressed in a matching nike set. Then walking to her room and dressed herself in a neon pink jumper with matching fur slides.

Lamoni was finishing up her hair when her phone started ringing. "I'm out here." Zalaya said before hanging up.

Lamoni sighed walking over to a sleeping Leon picking him up along with her old phone that she gives him to watch cartoons on.

"Come on buba." She whispered adjusting him on her hip before sliding their phones in her purse. Lamoni walked quietly past a drunk Devin on the couch trying to not make any sound.

Successfully making it to the door, she snatched it open hurrying out the house locking it behind them.

"Hey girl ! I haven't seen you in a week and a half girl!" Zalaya exclaimed watching Lamoni put a sleeping Leon in the backseat making sure to buckle him up.