𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧.

Lamoni K'lee Simons
Detroit Michigan

I laid Leon down on my bed as he slept. Me and him decided to clean the house so Devin would have not reason to speak to us.

when we finished i made him something to he ate and knocked out. I heard my phone vibrate I looked down seeing it was an unknown number.

𝗔𝘆𝗲 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗘𝗹𝗶.

My heart began to race and I felt my palms get hot as I reread the message making sure I read it right.

I began feeling nervous as I started piecing together all the different things he could be texting me for.

I didn't want to text back too fast so I set a timer for five minutes, Rereading the notification the whole five minutes.

I picked my phone up as soon as the time changed.

𝗛𝗲𝘆, 𝗛𝗼𝘄'𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿?

After sending I hurried to click off the messages going to any app I could think of  to trying to get my mind off the message. A few minutes later Eli texted again.

𝗧𝗮𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲. 𝗬𝗸 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝘁 ?

I frowned at the message. Tae was never the type to just disappear. He always answered his phone and always let at least one person know where he was.

𝗡𝗼 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝗺, 𝗜𝘀 𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲?

I asked as I now worried about Tae. Not even worrying about texting Eli anymore.

𝗡𝗮𝗵, 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗴𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗳𝗮 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝘄/ 𝗺𝗲?

My heartbeat began racing even faster then before at the thought of being around Eli again. I could barely think straight around him, It's weird. I've had crushes before but they never made me feel like this.

𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲. I texted

𝗜𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶𝗺 𝗼𝘁𝘄.

I jumped up and ran to my closest looking for something cute for me and Leon. I found him a red nike shirt with red nike shorts to match. I found me a lime green romper and fur slides to match. I woke Leon up getting him dressed before getting myself dressed.

𝗜𝗺 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲.

Eli texted me. My palms grew hot and my stomach felt uneasy. I grabbed Leon's hand walking him to the front door.I speed walked to his all black escalade, Putting Leon in the back putting his seatbelt on before sliding into the front seat putting my seatbelt on.

"Did you ask Zalaya if he was there?" I said glancing over at him. "Yeah. She said some weird shit tho. I think some happened between them tho. It had ta be bad since he up missing." He said not taking his eyes off the road.

"Whatchu mean she said some weird shit?" I said thinking of all the possible things she could have said."I asked her if she saw him she said -No but tell him i'm sorry or some shit." He said looking over at me.