𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡.

Lamoni K'lee Simons
Detroit Michigan

"it's your birthday you have to do something." Layla said to Moni as they sat in her living room.

But moni's mind was elsewhere. this morning as soon as the clock hit twelve the money from her parents life insurance hit her account.

she knew it was going too so she already had an apartment lined up that she was going to see later on today.

"I have a lot to do today. I don't have time do anything." Moni said as she rubbed Leon's head as he slept.

"what time are you free till?" Layla asked.

"i has something to do at 2." Moni said looking at the time seeing that it was 12 right now. "well after you're done let's do something." layla said as she looked at the time as well.

"i don't know..." Moni said making an unsure face. "nope. nope. we are doing something for your birthday you can't just sit up and be bored." Layla said shaking her head.

before Moni could say anything her phone started ringing. she looked down seeing it was tae calling her.

"hello." she said putting the phone on speaker. "aye sis you doin something for your birthday?" he asked.

"i'm not sur-" she started saying but was cut off by Layla. "Yes she is." she said.

"ok imma slide." he said before hanging up. "ok what time you thing you gon be done with whatever you got to do?" layla asked.

"2:30 maybe 2:50 at the latest i think." Moni said just estimating. "ok when you're done we're going to the mall and getting you a birthday outfit and where do you wanna go?" She said planning the whole day on her phone.

Layla was really a control freak she loved helping people plan and have fun.

"i never been to top golf i wanted to go for a while now." Moni said shrugging. "top golf it is."
-
"I love it how much is the rent a month?" Moni asked the man showing her the townhouse apartment.

"1909 dollars a month. and firsts months deposit." Moni wasn't worried about the rent being almost 2000 a month because with all her parents life insurance she and Leon would be set for a while and she would still be working.

"can I sign the lease today?" she asked the man. "you sure can."

after signing the lease and paying the first six months rent instead of just first the man handed moni the keys.

"you like it Leon?" she asked him as they sat on the steps. "yes." he said looking around. "now i just have to file for custody of you and we can both live here."

he phone began ringing and she say that it was layla. as the phone connected Moni put the keys in the camera before layla could say anything.

"wait you got and apartment?" she asked with excitement on her face. Moni just nodded before turning the camera around.

it was a two story townhouse apartment with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, hardwood floors, dishwasher, balcony and a washer & dryer.

"that's nice as fuck. wow." layla said in shock.

"you ready to go to the mall?" Moni asked turning the camera back to her. "yea you want me to come pick y'all up." she asked.

"yea." moni said. "k send me the low im on the way." Layla said before hanging up.

Moni sent her the address then she she put her phone down and then just walked around looking at the apartment.

she finally felt proud of herself. She made sure to get three bedrooms for the her, Leon, and now her unborns.

"this ones gonna be your room." she said to Leon. "i got a closet. i love it moni." he said hugging her.

"i can put my toys here?" he said pointing to one corner of the room. "yea. and maybe we can put your bed here?" moni said pointing to another corner.

"can i get a tv?" he asked as they walked out the room. "of course." moni said before her phone started ringing.

she picked it up. "i'm here." layla said "ok we're on our way out." moni said before grabbing her purse and hanging up.

she grabbed leon's hand and walked him down the stairs. walking up to Layla's car.
-
"yea we're going to top golf." Moni said as she curled her hair. "y'all finna head there now?"Tae asked "yea we bouta leave now." moni said focused in the mirror. "ight imma meet y'all there then." he said before they both hung up.

"so when you move out is leon going with you or is he starting with your foster dad?" layla asked as she sat on the lid of the toilet watching Moni curl the last piece of her hair.

Layla didn't know everything about their home situation. She only knew that they were in foster care and she knew Devin was their foster dad.

"No. I was actually going to file for custody of him tomorrow. since my parents are dead it should take that long." Moni said as they both walked out the bathroom.

"that's good. ya know I could go furniture shopping with you." she said

"that's sound nice. I was gonna wait til this weekend to do that." she said as they walked out to laylas car.

_____________________________

How do y'all feel about today's chapter ?

shorter filler chapter.

Hope you enjoys this chapter of 𝑀𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠 Dont forget to vote,comment,Share, and add this to your library! <3