𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡.

Lamoni K'lee Simons
Detroit Michigan

"How was six flags with Ms.brooks?" Moni asked Leon as they sat in his room playing with toys.

"it was fun! when I went to get food a lady helped me." He said with a smile.

Moni was very happy Leon came back. even tho he was gone for a weekend and some day she really missed him.

she missed his energy, how he was always happy and nice. dealing with Eli, she needed that energy.

"what'd she help you with?" Moni asked smiling at him.

"to get me food." he said grabbing a dinosaur and putting it in a train car. "What'd you eat?" she said asked while putting together his dinosaur race track.

"I had hotdog, cotton candy, and big doughnut. I forget what ms.brook call it." He said scrunching his eyebrows together trying to remember.

"Did it have white stuff powder in it?" She asked trying to remember with him. He nodded with a smile.

"Maybe it was a funnel cake then." Moni said continuing the race track. "Yeah that's what ms.brook say." he said nodding picking up pieces of the race track.

"did you ride anything." she asked. he shook his head no. "no i didn't i was scared. but i still have fun." he said.

that's one of the many things moni loved about Leon. she brought him up to always be grateful.

she knew he was grateful just to be able to go to six flags with them.

"Moni I wanna make cookie." He said not looking away from the toy. she took a deep breath debating if she felt like it.

"ok help me with your race track then we can go." she said trying to find out where the last few pieces went."

Leon pointed to the last four went immediately as if he had been knew where they were.

"ok cookiess." he dragged jumping up to his feet. Moni sighed before picking herself up off the floor using her hands as balance.

they walked into the kitchen and Moni raised Leon to sit on the island. she went to the fridge getting out the pre-made cookie dough.

walking over to the counter she got a cookie pan out the bottom.

"ight let's wash our hands, then then we can put them on there and bake em." she said pointing to the pan.

she grabbed the soap rolling up his sleeves then applied the soap to his hands turning on the warm water.

"ok wash em good." she said before washing hers.

they started separating the cookies apart and applying them to the pan when moni hear movement in the living room.

she scrunched her eyebrows together and put the cookies down. "hold on." she said to Leon before picking him up.

if it was something she didn't want to leave him unattended in the kitchen so her best bet was carrying him.

moni picked up a wooden spatula before she walked them both into the living room. she turned the corner ready to swing when she saw Eli sitting his keys down.