Chapter 5

Malaika's POV

I don't get easily flustered but that guy. Damn. Who is he? I looked at the bracelet in my risk. I smiled, it's pretty cool. Can be paired with any outfit.

"Hoy!" napaigtad ako ng marandaman ko na may humampas sakin, agad kong sinamaan ng tingin si Sander, right si Sander siya lang naman lagi gumagawa nun sakin. He chuckled despite the looks I'm giving him. I rolled my eyes.

"Ang tagal mo naman." I told him.

"Sorry ha? Tingin mo madali maging doctor?" sarcastic as always. I laughed, sanay na ako. It's our way of our biruan minsan.

"Saan mo ako ililibre?" I said and he looked at me with disbelief, bumuntong hininga siya at umiling pa.

"Tsk. Saan mo ba gusto?" he asked.

"I want some chicken and beer." Tumaas ang kilay niya and shake his head.

"I know a place, let's go." He started walking and I followed.

As we arrived the place we sat on a vacant table. A server came right to us and handed the menu and bow her head then leave.

"What do you want?" Sander asked. I look at the menu and saw a lot of food. It's hard to pick.

"You choose, you know my taste." He nodded.

After a while he raises his hand then the server came. Sander point something in the menu. They're talking in Korean, I check my phone and message Amara.

Aika: I'm with Sander now, we're going to eat chicken and drink a beer.

Amara: Ang daya niyo, psh next time labas tayo. Enjoy kayo.

As I turned off my phone Sander is done saying our order.

"Pinapakamusta ka ni Amara. Ang daya din daw natin." I said and we both laughed.

"Sus siya nga itong busy din, our schedule won't match tuwing game ako siya naman itong busy." He said.

"Sabi niya nga eh."

"So akala mo ligtas kana?" he arched his brows at me. Tsk wala talaga akong ligtas.

"Ask away." I clasped hands on the table and lean my chin and close my eyes.

"You're escaping." He said, not asking, he sounds so sure. I hummed and let him talk.

"Are you okay?" I didn't answer. "Hays, what are you planning to do here?" he added.

"Well I'm franchising my business here." I said and opened my eyes looking at him.

"What business?" ah same question with Amara.

"All, and also I have some shoot's." he sighed and shake his head again.

"Of course the great Malaika Rios wouldn't just do nothing. Madaming kang client for shoots noh?"

"Yep."

Sander's POV

Of course, she's a known photographer pero bihira lang talaga siya tumanggap ng client. Some of her works ay minsan napupunta sa mga exhibits. Focus siya masyado sa business niya. I observed her, her eyes say it all. It's the same as always. She may be smiling but her eyes are cold.

It's been years since that day happened. This girl, I don't know how is she still holding up but still, I admire her.

"Don't look at me like that." She said, so she noticed. I look down. I noticed her bracelet. That's familiar.

"Where did you buy your bracelet?" I asked. I saw her eyes looked away, mukha siyang di mapakali. Her reaction made me curious, I squinted my eyes and try to catch her eyes. She scoffs.

"Diyan diyan lang?" patanong? Hindi siya sigurado. Hayaan ko na nga.

"Saan mo balak mag stay? You can stay in my place." I said.

"Meron na akong titirahan." She said.

"Saan?"

"Condo ni Amara. I plan on renting nga sana pero sabi niya I can rent her condo naman daw." I nodded. At least she has a place to stay.

"Magagabihan tayo, you can stay at my place for a while muna, hahatid na lang kita bukas." She smiled.

"Actually tatanungin pa lang sana kita pero dahil sinabi mo na wala na akong proproblemahin." She laughed after. Natawa na lang din ako, this girl, I missed her.

Malaika's POV

"Oo nga pala, how's Jina?" it's Sander's girlfriend. LDR sila, nasa Canada yung gf niya. Tinatapos yung contract niya then susunod na dito sa Korea. She's a nurse. Couple Goals.

"She's okay, ayon ang hirap ng time difference pero ano pa nga ba." He said and smiled. He's happy, I'm happy for him, for them. Also for Amara.

After 5 minutes of catching up, the food was served in our table. Agad akong natakam ng makita ko yung pagkain. Food! Sa wakas.

"Gutom na gutom ha? Hindi ka ba pinakain ni Amara?"

"Nag drive thru lang kami sa mcdo kanina, I only ate the BTS Meal and ice coffee too. Tapos pagkarating naming sa bahay nila pagod na ako kaya diretso tulog ako after kita makausap." His eyes shine and I don't know why.

"Do you know BTS?" he asked. Same with Amara again. I sighed.

"No, I had the BTS Meal at the Philippines 2 days ago and I liked the sauce on the nuggets that's why." I said.

"Akala ko pa naman kilala mo. Try listening to their songs and if you have time you can watch those documentary vids they have." He said.

"Okay, I'll make time. It seems like both you and Amara liked it."