Chapter 8.

_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

We were In front of the canteen. I was hugging Armin from behind, resting my chin on his head. Our attire had shifted to casual wear, and nearby, Eren, Connie, Mina, and Marco all observed Sasha sprinting across the training ground.

"Hey, that potato girl's still going strong," Connie whistled, genuinely impressed.

"Five hours straight," Eren added, clearly amazed. "Didn't even flinch when he told her to keep running until she dropped. But the moment he mentioned no more food, she looked utterly devastated."

"Dauper's a small village of Hunters up in the mountains, right?" Connie asked suddenly.

"Yep," I chimed in, startling both him and Marco, along with Mina. Eren and Armin, the only ones used to my spontaneous interjections in conversations, remained unfazed. "I've heard they use various hunting techniques. Might be worth asking her to teach us a few, just in case we face survival drills in the future,"

"A-Ah...! You're T-Tobe, right..?" Marco stumbled over his words, glancing at both me and Armin, his cheeks flushed with uncertainty. "Uh..."

"Don't mind her, she's always like this," Armin calmly remarked, used to my antics.

"O-Oh... Uh—"

"What's that?" Eren suddenly interrupted, spotting a carriage in the distance as it moved away.

"Oh, dropouts. They've asked for a transfer to the reclaimed lands," Mina responded.

"Already? It's just the first day..." Armin expressed surprise.

"That's just the way it goes," Eren stated matter-of-factly. "The ones lacking strength have no option but to depart." They glanced at him, while I furrowed my brow at his words. "They'd rather spend time picking rocks and pulling weeds..." He met my disapproving gaze before swiftly offering an apology.

"Speaking of which, we haven't heard about where you're from actually." Freckles Jesus inquired.

"I'm from Shiganshina, same as Armin here," Eren replied, smiling and placing his hand on the blond's shoulder. The three of them froze in shock.

"Oh, I see..." Marco began, but Connie cut in with a blunt inquiry:

"Were you there on that day, too?"

Startled by Connie's directness, Marco protested, "Hey?!"

"Did you witness it? The Colossal Titan!" Connie pressed, his eyes gleaming with curiosity.

I held onto Armin a bit tighter as he trembled, speaking up before Eren could answer.

"You're Connie Springer, right?" He blinked at me, taken aback. I continued, "It's not really polite to ask such questions so directly. It's still a sensitive subject, so please reconsider before letting your curiosity take over, okay?" I offered a reassuring smile.

He appeared startled before comprehension dawned, and he promptly offered apologies to both boys.

"It's okay, Colith," Eren reassured me with a pat on the back, a faint smile gracing his lips. "He was just curious," he explained, prompting me to pout and relent.