Chapter 37.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

Jean was truly speechless. Honestly what the fuck was going on? First, they threw the first plan out of the window at the first sign of trouble, and instead of, you know, going back, they're ordered to stand around like a bunch of idiots in a place filled with titans! Sure, the training he went through for the past month should be more than enough for him to eliminate 3 or 4 titans by himself but he would rather not. As if he was crazy enough to pull a stunt like this. He wasn't Eren and he likes living, thank you very much.

But no matter, this...semi-calm before the storm-because yeah, he's sure as hell that some shit might happen. Don't question him, his instincts never lie-gives him a good opportunity to reflect on the weird situation they were in earlier.

Oh don't get him started with that 'cause he's certain that they shouldn't have survived their encounter with the female titan or whatever the hell that was!

"Oi Armin, you okay?"

"Eh?" the blond jolted out of his thoughts to stare at Jean. "What?"

"What do you mean, 'What'?" he clicked his tongue before sighing "Then again, I never got to ask, but that fall from earlier must've messed you up a bit, right? Think you can handle it?" He motions toward the vast plains in front of them where they could vaguely see some titans roaming around in the distance.

Armin blinked slowly before pausing, actually contemplating "I...now that you mention it, I don't particularly feel hurt...?" he looked up at Jean, unsure of his own words. It didn't go unnoticed by Jean who paused to stare at him in disbelief.

"Hah? How is that-"

"A HORDE OF TITANS INCOMING!" the captain shouted in alarm, interrupting whatever Jean was about to say.

All the cadets' eyes zeroed in on the creatures currently running in their direction in horror, not expecting this many titans to show up at once even though some of them ran like drunken people. The disturbing scene aside, something surprising caught all their attention which caused everyone to release startled gasps.

"WHAT THE F-"

__________

The moment Levi squad entered the woods, Eren felt as though something wasn't right. Why would they just enter a forest where locating titans would be damn near impossible until the damn thing came into view?! He obviously addressed the subject as he felt worried for his and his comrades' safety.

"Look around you Eren. All these big-"

"-Ass trees are the perfect environment for the use of the ODM gear." everyone glanced at Colith with various degrees of surprise. Even Levi. "What? Isn't that what you were about to say?" she blinks innocently.

'Oh god they finish each other's sentences now...' Eren shuddered, somehow more scared about this than their current situation while the other members of the squad were still flabbergasted.

The corporal just stared at her for a few seconds, one eye twitching before he went on, his gaze returning to the road ahead. "As I was saying, try and use that tiny brain of yours. if you don't want to die, think."