Chapter 31.

Me out here drawing her for no reasons

ENJOOOY!!

________

1st POV
________

.

.

When we got here yesterday, I was surprised to find more soldiers relocated in the old Survey corps HQ while we were out. I mean that was...kind of to be expected since we'll depart from Karaness, this HQ being closer to the district, although, some of them stayed in the main base. I think. Eh, I dunno. At least there are more scouts this time compared to their anime/manga counterpart, something like 500- I'd have to ask Erwin someday. Their number didn't really matter, I wouldn't be able to name them all anyway, but I still recognized some, like that guy whose horse liked chewing his hair to the point of rendering him bald. Poor lad.

Their reaction to the garden was indeed priceless! I was proud to introduce the new fruits and vegetables, even encouraging them to taste some of them. Still, had to show them how to eat Sounsoun/Atis 'cause I almost choked with laughter when someone almost bit into it. It was hilarious. Levi squad expressed awe at it, like everyone, with Eld asking how that was even possible since the place was barren just yesterday, to which I calmly replied that my titan allowed me to, hence the question about the garden the day before. I was pleased to witness Levi's attention on the new plants, pleasure that left place to dismay as he left for his office, probably to do paperwork, though his aura flowed with wonder, which left me in a good mood nonetheless.

Eren almost immediately recognized some of the fruits and excitedly informed the soldiers of how good they were, having priorly eaten some back at home which pushed the more reluctant ones to try. Between explanations, I gave the cooks recipes of 'new' dishes, informing them that I'll help once I'm allowed to, which they quickly accepted. Turns out I was kinda...popular among the scouts ever since I defended them at the trial. Oh well. That's good I guess?

I kinda went and begged Levi to let me in the kitchens, and after five minutes of suspenseful silence with him staring at me, probably realizing I wouldn't budge no matter what he said, he reluctantly agreed. After all, I've been giving useful information, he could indulge on this one, right? I'm not proud of the whoop of joy I released after that, probably startled him before chirping a "THANK YOU CAP-" and bolted out before he could dismiss me to inform the cooks.

When I told the kid I'd be in charge of diner, he literally glowed in exhilaration, he had missed my cooking. Kid has good tastes.

That night, I introduced the scouts to my hometown yam stew + some sweet potatoes.