Chapter 41.

_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

"There are two types of cerebrospinal fluid. The one extracted from pure titans and the other from shifters, you follow me so far?"

"We're the same person."

"Just fucking say yes!"

A tired sigh was heard, "Yes."

"Okay so, when eldians come in contact with the first one, it triggers an immediate transformation. However, if wrongly injected, as we've seen
with Rod's case, it'll end up as a disrespect to nature."

"What are you getting at?"

"Wait for it. The thing is, I noticed that the second option is drastically different from the first since it can be ingested and will lay dormant until it's triggered, why? Because it comes from a shifter. Someone who can casually cross the barriers between titans and humans wouldn't have the same spinal fluid as pure titans, so the transformation process won't be the same! What do you think?"

"It's wack as shit."

"Say that again?!"

"Just think about it, the second method only works thanks to Sieg-"

"Zeke."

"-since he's, like what, unique?"

"...

Huh."

"Yeah, royal blood, remember ?"

"I guess... I forgot about that detail. So that means that the other shifters' spinal fluids are similar to the pure titans'? And only Zeke-"

"Sieg."

"-can change people on command? Well damn. Way to ruin my theory then."

"Hey, don't feel so down. Just so you know, it did make sense until I remembered what Pieck said in the last season."

"Oh! Indeed, they had no idea why he had such an effective ability. I see I see, makes sense why they didn't just use shifters' spinal fluids from the get-go to recreate such results. I mean, taking over a whole ass country in one night? Dayum. It's terrifying. Useful but truly terrifying."

"Sure... so how did it go with Ymir?"

"Oh, she gave me the green light. Just need to inform the original."

"...Then what are you waiting for?"

"...I know jack-shit about medicine, Wooro."

"...

You've gotta be kidding me."

__________

Although the situation was a bit chaotic at the moment we were getting ready to go to Ehrmich district. A district I'd never been to actually, though knowing how Sina's districts usually looked-pristine- must've been filled with stuck-up folks so my interest in it was non-existent. Upon learning that Wall Rose had been breached, everyone immediately thought of Bertholdt and Reiner, and although I wanted to point out that it wasn't them this time, I left it for later and instead sought out Erwin to inform him of my plan.