Chapter 12.

___

848.
___
.
.
_________

3rd POV
_________
.
.

.
.

In a forest a few miles from wall Rose, we could hear hasty steps followed by frantic writing noises. A young woman moved into this forest devoid of humans, being the only survivor of her team. She still managed to survive, while writing her tale, which could be the only reminder of her struggle.

She was recording pieces of information about how she managed to survive so far, in the hope to be useful to anyone who would stumble upon her diary if something bad had to happen to her. It Pushed her to continue, despite the fear of sudden and painful death, she still wrote.

Filled with unfailing determination she declared in her diary:

I'll record every moment in this notebook, and do everything I can.

She suddenly entered a beautiful clearing that seemed to come straight out of a fairy tale, if only the fear of death did not run through her veins, she would've stopped to admire the scenery.

I will not give up! I will... Not Give up!!

She declared firmly until she lifted her head and crossed the sight of two large beady eyeballs. Her breath got caught in her throat as her eyes widened in horror.

A titan

She barely had time to shout that the beast threw itself on her jaw open, ready to eat its meal. The young woman barely dodged but unfortunately, found herself back to a tree. Horrified and shaking in front of the creature, she slid down.

Imagine having to face one of your greatest fears, and knowing that you won't come out alive would cause anyone in this situation to lose hope. The face of the beast was only a few centimeters away from the frightened young woman, releasing heavy breaths as it stared at its prey in hunger.

The wind caused by its breath, blew some brown strands from her face, as tears rolled down her cheeks. She looked down at her notebook, hands shaking as she continued to record despite the situation she was in.

"I... Will not... Give up..."

I've encountered a titan. A 7-no, more like a 6 meters class. She looked up to observe the creature. It hasn't eaten me yet... Is it abnormal? She looked back at her notebook, clenching it tightly. I now stare at death in the face... This is the end for me. More tears rolled down as she blinked rapidly to clear her vision. I lived for myself. I haven't done anything for my parents yet... I feel sick. Her shoulders sagged at her sudden realization. I'm a goner...

"Peo..ple..... Of... Ym..ir...."

The sudden hoarse voice snapped her from her dark thoughts as she looked at the beast from which it came. The creature straightened up, putting space between them.

It... Spoke? She blinked, stunned by the sudden turn of events. The titan...spoke. Impossible...

"Ymir-sama..." it prostrated itself in front of her. "it's an...Honor."