Chapter 13.

_________

3rd POV
_________
.
.

.
.

"Arameeeeh~" Is what the blond heard when someone hugged him from behind. "what are you doin~?"

The blonde looked up at the familiar face of Colith. She'd appeared out of nowhere and had taken them in, him and his friends after the fall of Wall Maria, five years prior. Although he is truly indebted to her and considers her a family, he cannot help but find her intriguing.

How she held herself, talked, the strange gestures of affections he wasn't at first used to, and Her weird fashion sense gave him a hint. COLITH, according to him, seems to come from elsewhere, but he couldn't pinpoint from where. Maybe a family thing? He didn't know about hers as she tended to avoid the subject.

The only thing he knew about them was that her family isolated themselves to avoid human traffickers, which is a good reason to hide since he knew about what happened to Mikasa’s Family. But the thing he couldn't understand was 'why decide to show yourself now?' She could've continued living in peace, out of sight. But...perhaps the fall of Wall Maria played a role in her desire to engage.

The fact that they are no longer safe within the walls could be a factor. Yes, that could be it. The loss of the rest of her family can be a valid motivation, Eren and Mikasa are proof of this, but contrary to them, it doesn't look like it's affecting her, or perhaps it was and she was good at hiding it. This saddened the blonde, she was too, the last member of her own family, like them.

That must be why they complete so well... That said, brown fingers snaps snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Huh..?"

"Ya scared me there, you just stopped writing and stared at my face for a moment." she had released him and was patting his cheeks, a little frown present on her face. "You alright, Min?"

"O-oh yes yes, I was just thinking about something..." He apologized. "What did you need??" he closed his diary and turned around to face her. The boy had grown up a bit. He now stood at the height of 5'4 (1m63), but compared to Colith 5'9 (1m81), he still felt short. This however resulted in more hugs from the female and more glares directed at him from the other males.

"Oh yeah, I was just asking about what you were doing with that book~." She grinned. The blonde immediately replied.

"This is the journal where I write the events that happen, it might be useful to me in the future..." he took a look at the book he held in his hands. The young lady hummed.

"Got that, but you better write a spot about the great me in there!" she ruffled his hair, to which he squawked. "Now come on! We have an endurance test in 10 minutes, better not be late before Scary blad man catch us slacking.", the golden-eyed girl cackled before zooming out to get ready

Armin chuckled, ah yes, the nicknames. He didn't know where Colith got the time to create them but he found them extremely accurate. He shook his head and went to get ready as well.

__________

Running under heavy rain, mud splashing from their footsteps, were the cadets of the 104th Division. Many of them had difficulties completing this exercise because it required wearing heavy equipment on their backs.