Chapter 29.

_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

"Meow"

'meow to you too—The fuck? What's that cat doin here?' I blink a little, glancing over the grey cat to look around, faintly recognizing my surroundings. It was night, probably late by the moon's position in the sky but the experimentation site was easily recognizable.'Huh? Did it work?' I try to move my head but immediately find out that I can't.

'Aaaaalright'

Turns out that I can't open my mouth or speak, vocal cords rusty from misuse. I tried the same with my body and came to the same result.

'I CAN'T MOVE'

"meow!" The cat hopped from its spot, trotting towards what I assume was me before my eyes widen at something and freeze.

'Am I tripping or is my skin white now...?'

Before I could further freak out, the cat swiftly scampered in front of the...body I was currently in, yowling softly to my utter confusion—

'Am I Sawney? Oh, Madre Mia! It worked!! Thought I was gon see flashes or something, not live the scene! Wait wait now what do I do? Can't move a muscle since He-She was unable to at the time because it was night. Ugh, all I can do is wait for Annie to show up or something. Good to know that titans are inactive at night because of the lack of sun but it didn't mean they're asleep huh.'

My train of thought was interrupted as sounds of fast footsteps approached the titans' location as if the person tried to be sneaky which they were easily succeeding at because I ain't seeing any guards inside.

'Talk about high security, imma rat them out the moment I get outta here. Where the fuck were they?! No wonder no one saw shit! Nobody's here!'

The sound of footsteps transformed into ODM gas coming toward me/Sawney and...Bean? Before I could do anything- not that I could, it's a memory, a SLASH followed by an inhumane guttural howl and the impact of something squishy on the ground was heard. Rip Bean, you were loved.

'oh well, that's gon alert someone at least?'

The sound now came from my left, or Sawney's? Not being able to move an inch, I felt Annie close in as she went for the double kill only for an angry hiss-The cat!- to resonate from the titan's laps which startled the girl out of her focus, her blades barely making a shallow cut on the titan's nape, not deep enough to kill it.

'Am I tripping or did the cat do the guards' job?'

Speaking of them, shouts of alarms and footsteps coming from the building behind the green baches on my right were heard, the steam from Bean's body high enough to be seen, and his dying sound must've alerted them.  I heard Annie curse before hightailing outta here as fast as she came at full speed, certainly frustrated for being unable to finish the job with the way soldiers swarmed the courtyard with torches which thankfully, allowed me or in this case, Sawney to briefly catch sight of the little blond. She wore a dark cape concealing her head to the hips with her trainee uniform underneath, blond strands flying out of the hood and that was enough for me. How she managed to sneak here in canon and kill both titans was beyond me, but it looks like the reinforcement was indeed a good Idea since it deterred her from attempting to finish Sawney off because they were faster to arrive. Unfortunately for them, Annie was long gone, and the 'Oh Shit' looks on their face when they spotted the dead titan to my left were priceless!