Chapter 30.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

"I knew you weren't the brightest candle in our group but that's a whole new level of stupidity right there. I'm warning you again Oluo, that's straight-up insubordination. You'll get us in trouble!" Gunther hisses from his spot on the wall, getting nods of agreement from the three.

"Tch ! Don't tell me you don't want to know what they're talking about? Even since this wench appeared, things started getting weird!" He scoffs, trying to listen to whatever they're talking about inside. "Aren't we the Special operation squad? The best of the best? Why is freckles nerd in there and not us?"

"Don't call her that" his blond comrade frowns in displeasure. "Stop whining like a baby and get your butt away from the door before someone else catches you disobeying orders!"

"What? Got a crush on her already? Don't think I didn't catch you staring at her like a lovesick puppy" Oluo taunts the blond who just rolls his eyes in response.

"Aren't you going to intervene...?" Sweet Moblit turns to the only female of the group who decided that it was none of her business.

She shrugs, looking up at the male with a blank look. "he's just upset over the fact that she wasn't intimidated by him" Petra informs Moblit.

"Tch! That's not even true! I'm just being cautious, nothing else!" He grits his teeth as he looks at all of them. "What if she's brainwashing them right now huh?! She's suspicious as hell!" His face scrunched up in suspicion. "Captain Levi can't even stand her presence near him, that must mean something!"

"Captain Levi can't stand anyone intruding his personal space, Oluo." Eld deadpans.

He sputters, "y-yeah, well, he doesn't trust her, then neither do I!" He states with a smirk, completely forgetting to be quiet.

Gunther pinches the bridge of his nose. "You really going to keep acting like him till the end, huh? I'm starting to understand the bootleg Levi nickname." He was met with a few chuckles and a squawk of offense.

"Wha- don't act like you know what it means!"

Gunther shrugs with a smirk "must have something to do with your tendency to copy him if his name's in it."

Before Oluo could cry in outrage, the door suddenly opens, hitting him square in the face which causes him to bite his tongue in the process and fall on the floor while the culprit, Hanji, rushes past him in distress...? Surprising them as she disappeared in a turn, straight toward the exit

"Squad leader Hanji?!" Moblit cried out in utter shock, sending a baffled look to the others who mirrored him, completely dismissing the agonizing Oluo on the floor before running after her in concern.

"What the hell...?" Eld mutters in confusion until his attention returned to the door in surprise "Commander...?"

This got the two's attention as well as Oluo since they all glanced toward said commander who looked like someone told him his puppy got run over by a cart. They all threw him confused looks as he walked out to the exit, closely followed by an Ilse in the same state who briefly makes eye contact with them before looking away, walking quickly outside as well, probably to Hanji's location.