Chapter 11.

________

1st POV
________
.
.

.
.

848 was truly an eventful year.

The survival exercise went without a hitch at first. Except for Jean's attempts to flirt with me that enraged Jaegerbomb. He still tried to catch this lizard for, this time, impressing me. However Eren prevented it, aaand this resulted in more bickering. Poor Marco was on the verge of breaking down at this rate.

When we arrived in the forest, just for the fun of it, I decided to follow Historia in the clearing and to get kidnapped with her. Yeah, I wanted to keep her company lol.

After getting 'apprehended', the bandits went after the rest of my friends. But when the others heard that I was going to be sold, something they hadn't said in canon for Historia on the spot, as they would've just released her en route, Eren and Jean almost lost it. I gave them a 'Don't do anything rash' look, and got thrown into the chart.

The bandits paused in a clearing in the distance, thinking that nothing would happen to them. Some of them looked at me with greed, thinking they were gonna make a lot of money because of me being rare.

'Yeh, y'all never saw a black person, and the first time you see one, you think about selling them? This isn't even surprising anymore.'

Historia gave me a worried look to which I replied with a reassuring smile. 'Everything will be okay.' understanding what I was getting at, she nodded quietly not really convinced. Knowing the gang, their plan to rescue us was already set on.

When I heard commotions in the chart behind us, I quickly removed my ties. Only Historia noticed as the guy charged to guard us was trying to shoot the two hotheads. He failed the first time around, courtesy of mister rock who shook the chart, but before he could try again, I high kicked the shit outta him, which knocked him out cold, leaving a bewildered Historia looking at me. I quickly released her before grabbing the rifle.

"Stop the cart, or I'll blow your head off," I pointed the rifle to the chief. He gritted his teeth, seeing that he was in a tight spot. Before he could do anything, however, Eren and Jean cut the ropes leading the horses.

I whined "fuck you guys, seriously?" before quickly catching Historia in my arms, to protect her from the damn accident that was about to happen. The horses zoomed like sonic and the chief tried to stop the Cart. However, it toppled to the side while I held the blonde tightly in my arms, taking the brunt of the shock.

After the impact, dust recovered entirely from the area. I grunted because DAMN THIS WAS INTENSE AS HELL and looked at the small blonde in my arms, who was shaking in fright.

"You good..? Anything out of place..?" I looked for any signs of injuries on her as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"N-no... But you....you protected me...!" she hurriedly did the same for me as I chuckled. "Why...?" I blinked at the sudden question. "Why did you put yourself in danger for...For me.." Ahh self-hatred, I know this feeling very well...

I caught a horrified look on her face as she stared at my belly. Before I could ask her what was going on, I felt something approaching us. I quickly pushed the smallest one out of the way so that she would not be the one taken hostage. 'Which means it will be me...Hooray.'