Chapter 38.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

'What... ' Eren's heart nearly leaped out of his mouth.

He couldn't believe it. Did they just-

"Go ahead a little bit then switch to the gear. You guys will be off on your own for a while."

They all jolted in surprise at Levi's voice and promptly glanced away from the commotion occurring behind them to stare at their captain in bewilderment.

'eh? What-'

"Eld's in charge while I'm gone, make sure to keep the brat safe, got it? Tobe, you're with me."

They all snapped their head in disbelief toward the woman who simply let out a "sure". She quickly followed right after their captain who shot off in the opposite direction, leaving a very confused Levi squad behind who could do nothing but stare at the two's disappearing figure in the distance.

"What the hell just happened...?" Gunther was the first to break the silence. He got no response since nobody could explain the situation so he decided to cheer the mood a little. "uh, anyway, s-see that Eren? We captured that titan!"

As much as the others were lost, they rolled with it, smiles slowly appearing on their confused faces after processing what just happened.

"This is the power of the Survey Corps! Don't underestimate us, fool!" Oluo bragged with a dumb grin while Petra had a small relieved smile on her lips. "Now do you get it ?!"

The boy was still looking behind, wondering why Colith and the Corporal separated from them before looking back forward with a smile, eyes shining at the prospect of the threat being neutralized before he let out an enthusiastic "Yeah!". He was happy that they managed to catch that titan he's now sure to be a shifter! Colith was right! He should trust them more in the future! They clearly know what they're doing!

'...But I have a feeling that she...somehow knew about this...why was it after her and why didn't she tell me?' A little frown appeared on his face as they advanced a little further before they switched to the gear after tethering the horses in a safe spot.

__________

"You've been...awfully quiet for a while, why's that? " Levi voiced suddenly.

"Eh?" Colith blinked in surprise, startled eyes traveling to meet the corporal's figure. "what do you mean?"

"Tch," he stopped his advance to land on a nearby branch, urging the woman to do the same with a bewildered look.

She glanced forward with a frown after hearing shots being fired once more, probably to further neutralize the female titan before redirecting her gaze toward the Ackerman. She pointed a finger to the giant's location with a sweat drop "hum, shouldn't we-"

"don't play dumb with me, answer, what's been bothering you?" He inquired once more, facing her with his resting b face.

Her gaze flickered quickly around, having not expected this to happen. Still, she ended up putting it on the count of her presence here in the story. Regardless, she jolted a bit upon noticing his narrowed eyes on her.