Chapter 28.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

"You want us..."

"hm-hm!"

"..to un-bind..."

A nod

"...the titan, is that correct ?" Erwin says slowly as if speaking with a toddler who refuses a nappy time.

"Yep!" Colith pops the P "just the upper part of the body actually."

"that's it, she's crazy." Oluo screech, receiving a nasty look from the tall woman "Don't look at me like that?! You're the one who wants to free a fu-" Petra slaps his elbow. "-reaking titan!"

"I don't think that's a good idea," Eld shook his head "even unresponsive, it's still a titan. It's too dangerous."

"Uh-huh, don't go endangering yourself AND everyone here. Who knows what that thing can do? " Gunther sweat drops.

"Please Colith reconsider, it's unsafe." Petra's soft voice implores.

"ARF it's alright! She knows what she's doing, let's just do it! We need every clue so we can find the culprit or we'll be like sitting ducks!" Hanji groans, flailing her arms around like a child.

"Just because you lack self-preservation doesn't mean we do too, Squad leader Hanji! " Oluo snaps. " And what's with the flesh bag anyway? Unless she speaks titans, we won't find shit."

Ilse coughs.

'Jokes on you, she does.'

Levi squad was unaware of her ability to control and somehow communicate with titans, thus their reluctance to the idea. Those in the known namely Erwin, Hanji, Levi, Ilse and Eren were assessing the woman's motives, although the latter was more worried than anything. What was she capable of exactly? And how much more was she keeping from them?

Colith sighs. "Just do it. I promise I won't let anything happen to you guys." she looks at the commander, imploring him to agree.

Erwin's assessing gaze remain focused on her, dissecting her face for any signs of trickery but he found none. Under normal circumstances, he wouldn't allow such demands. Releasing a titan with no plan whatsoever would clearly endanger soldiers' lives. Then again, the woman before him has agreed to fight alongside them and has the meaning to control said beast and happens to entertain the same theory concerning a targeted attack. Targeted by whom, He has no idea but, maybe she does. Ever since she came into play, casualties diminished enough that the scorn they are usually victims of were replaced by cries of support. And he was thankful for it. The scouts' manpower benefits greatly from her actions and If by allowing Colith to do what she says they find if only a hint then...

"Permission granted." Maybe having her insight on the plan would be a good idea? He needs to schedule a private discussion with her afterward...

Levi squad jaw drops.

"B-But Commander-"

"You can't be serious?!"