27 - What Else

-Earlier that day-

Fumiko's P.O.V

"Hello?" I answer my phone expecting my mom's gentle voice. Instead, I hear my father's stern one.

"Fumiko." He grunts my name.

"Dad?" I ask in a surprised voice. "How are you?"

"I should be the one asking you that."

"Huh?"

"Where are you living Fumiko?" His strict voice takes me back a bit.

"U-um with uncle."

"What about a job?"

I told him about how I had been working part time at uncle Kuni's, still hunting for a job. I lied to him to avoid any trouble with Yamato.

I have no idea why I thought he would be even the slightest bit okay with any of it.

"I can't believe you. You left home to work at your relatives bar? Ridiculous."

I started to feel ashamed, and guilty, because the truth was so much worse.

He told me off and then after he toned down he mentioned the job offer that they had waiting for me back home.

"Come back home, Fumiko." He then says and then hangs up.

I would hate it if my parents about Yamato. Not only would they be disappointed but I would make them look bad.

I should go back home.

Go back home and not worry about any of this.

What about Haruna?

I think I can let her go. After all, I'm not expecting for us to have mutual feelings.

I can't do this for Yamato anymore.
--------------
-After Fumi and Yamato leave Haruna's apartment-
Yamato P.O.V

After we left Haruna's house I noticed that Fumiko looked a little down.

I bet she's thinking about Haruna.

She walks in before me. I took off my shoes and jogged up to her. "You okay?"

"Well..." She looks away from me. "It turns out my parents want me to go back to Kyoto...they have a job offer for me...."

I freeze on the spot. "Job offer? You mean you told your parents about you living here?"

"N-no! If I did that...they would kill me." Fumi fidgets with her hands. "I lied to them and told them I was living with Uncle, and that I was working part time in his bar."

"And they got mad?"

"Y-yeah! My dad yelled at me...and he told me to go back home."

"Wow..." I start feeling bad. "Sorry...it's kind of my fault."

"It's fine..." She shakes her head and bows. "Sorry Yamato but...I can't be your fake wife anymore."

I just stand still thinking things over. What am I supposed to do now? Can I just say she's left for a vacation? I don't know what to lie to the school with now.

I can't stop Fumiko from leaving, it's her life and I think I've burdened her enough with my problem.

I feel awkward and really just bad in general, I didn't deserve her apology because I was the one who dragged her here in the first place.

"Fumiko. Please stop, raise your head." I beg her.

"Yamato..."

"You can go, I'm not stopping you." Now I bow to her in gratitude. "Thank you for doing this favor for me."

"Your welcome Yamato." She smiles.

"Um.." I stand again and then ask her. "What about Haruna?"

He expression changes into a discouraged one. "I'll have to tell her the truth.
-------------
-((Where I left off in the last chapter))-

"I'm going back to Kyoto."

I look up from my feet and turn my gaze to her.

Fumiko is leaving?

"I-I know it's sudden." Now it was her turn to look down. "But, I got a call from my father and I told him that I still wasn't employed. He told me that one of his friends was willing to hire me."

She stops and sighs again. "I decided to take it up since Uncle Kuni isn't going to give me a job until I finish Yamato's favor. Which I don't mind doing but, if my parents find out about me living with Yamato..."

Of course any parent would get mad if their daughter left home to find a job and ended up living with some guy instead. I know I would be ashamed, and would probably get the wrong idea about stuff.

"I understand." I nod. "So...when is your last day?" I ask gently.

"M-Monday." Fumi stutters. "In the morning. I bought my ticket already..."

"Oh..." I don't know what to say. This just came out of no where and it just hit me in the back of the head. I'm left in shock kind of.

It's sad that Fumiko has to go; I don't want her to go, but she has to, and I have to accept that.

"I..." She starts again and attempts to make eye contact. "I..."

She looks back down and starts bawling her eyes out. It was different from the last time. Before it was clumsy, and even a bit sloppy. Now, she covered her face and tried to hold back.

"I...wanted to spend more time with you..." She begins. "...and-on New Year's Day I confessed to you while I was drunk and decided to pretend nothing happened so that I wouldn't ruin our friendship, because I knew that, most likely, you wouldn't feel the same. And just knowing that I didn't have a chance made me want to give up."

"Yamato...helped and told me that, even if believed that I didn't have a chance- I still had the freedom to love you."

I stand from my swing and watch her on her swing just crying her eyes out. I didn't know what to do. What do I do? What am I supposed to do?

I wanted to hug her and tell comfort her, but how do I do that?
How am I supposed to aid her when I'm the one causing her pain?

The feeling of helplessness takes over me and I decide that the only thing I can do for her now is listen.

"For now..."Fumiko sighs and tried to compose herself a bit. "I-I j-just want to confess once and for all without leaving you with any doubts about my feelings."

Instead of getting nervous or scared I close my eyes and nod willingly, throwing out all other feelings other than acceptance.

Because right now, thats what Fumiko needed most.

"I-I" She fidgeted while looking down, still crying. "I think I m-might l-love you."

The confession was very Fumiko like and her shyness really reached out to me.

Not knowing how else to answer I lower my head into a bow and tear up myself. "Thank you."

A/N: Just a chapter to wrap things up with Fumiko :,)

Hope you enjoyed.

Dont forget to vote and comment <3 Thanks for reading ;.;

((Song helped me write the chapter xDD))