32 - Alone Together

It was Sunday, and Kuni and the gang was throwing a party for Takao. He was turning 28 today.

After we went to the park yesterday, we went to the shopping center to get something for Takao. Harue and I bought him some cologne and a really expensive pen. Yamato went with two new ties.

I was waiting for Yamato and Harue to finish getting ready while I watched some TV. I had gotten up a bit earlier, maybe it's because I also got a new dress yesterday.

It was a creamy beige color with a black collar and buttons. I paired it up with some back heals. My long, wavy, light brown hair was loose as usual.

I flipped through channels, wait, didn't Yuta say that he was gonna be in some show called 'terrifying wife' or something?

I stopped on the drama channel and the opening theme was playing with the title sequence. It was actually called 'Scary Wife'.

It showed Yuta, and a not so scary looking girl. She was actually very pretty and calm looking.

"Hmm." It started off on a scene where Yuta had gotten home late. He walked in and cheerfully called out 'I'm home!".

His wife was sitting down eating on their table, he walked up to her. 'Wow! That looks really good! Um....where's mine?'

'There is none for you.' She kept eating.

'Ehh? Why not...'

'Do you pay any bills around her-'

"Oh hey you're watching 'Scary Wife'?" Yamato walks into the living room with Harue.

"Woah she is a little scary! She's just yelling at Yuta!" Harue watches with his mouth hanging open.

"It's just a TV show..." I shudder a bit because she was kind of scary.

"Oh I've met her, she really nice actually." Yamato reassures. "I think Yuta will bring her along to the party."

"Oh. Well hopefully we get along." I hope.
------------

The door chime rings as we walk in. Ren was there, Saeki, Kunihiko, and Takao where there.

"Happy birthday Takao!" Harue and I walk in saying.

Takao was sitting at the bar with the guys drinking some shochu on the rocks. He turned around at the sound of our voice. "Hey, thanks."

Harue runs up to him to give him a hug. I would to, but I know it wasn't very common in Japan to do so, so I just bowed a bit.

"Hey Takao! You're getting old!" Yamato slaps Takao's back.

They go and talk on the bar while Harue and I take a seat near the door.

"How old is uncle Takao?" Harue asks. "Is he turning 20?"

"No he's turning 28." I laugh at Harue's little mistake.

"Wow! He's like a grown up."

"Yeah he is, actually..." I start explaining to Harue the age of which people are considered adults. Mid conversation though, Yuta walked in with the 'scary wife' actress.

As I thought she was very cute and she somewhat reminded me of Fumiko. Her eyes where ocean blue. She wore a black dress with flats for the occasion.

Yuta immediately went up to Takao with his actress friend but right after, they came to me, together, with Yamato.

"Hi Haruna!" Yuta beams. The girl next to him bows.

"Hello." I bow a bit. I grab the bag that contained Yuta's glove and hand it to him. "I took the liberty to polish it for you."