41 - To Believe

Things might have been a bit...scandalous with Utsunomiya, but, that wouldn't stop me from taking Harue to ikebana classes.

I stood outside of the gates of Utsunomiya residence watching Harue run up to Haruka.

"Hello Harue." Haruka smiles at Harue and then turns to look at me.

We were earlier than usual, so there weren't any other kids yet.

I walk up to them at the entrance to greet Haruka. I didn't want to be rude and end on bad terms with him. Especially if I was going to see him twice a week.

"How are you Mr.Utsunomiya." I ask him cheerfully. I was grudge free. In fact, I wanted to befriend him. He seemed like a nice enough guy, he was just stuck in the past.

"I'm doing fine." He says in a friendly manner. "I haven't been too busy with public appearances. So I've been able to relax lately."

"That sounds nice." I nod.

"Yourself?"

I squint my eyes in thought. "I've been okay."

"Why just okay?"

"I've just been thinking."

"Oh...."

Silence falls before us before I decide to ask him something.

"So, will you visit her grave this year?"

He looks up at me and nods slowly. "Yes."

I figured he would. After all, Hanae meant more than just a student to Haruka.

Haruka looked far off, deep in thought. I stare at his majestic profile. I swear at that moment, he probably was more beautiful than any woman out there.

In his expression there were traces of longing.

Longing for something; someone he would never get.

"I still remember the day that her husband came to me with the funeral letter, I...didn't want to believe it." He begins.

"He came to you directly?" I ask somewhat surprised. I never thought that Harue's coward of a father would have delivered the letters personally.

"That's right." He nods. "During the funeral I had heard him talking about leaving for Kyoto. Since then I never heard from him. I never would have thought that he left Harue behind..."

That's right. That bastard left, after calling my mother telling her that he couldn't take care of Harue anymore. With no reason to explain to us, just throwing Harue into some orphanage.

"Takashi...." I mumble his name to myself with hatred.
-------------------------------
Today Harue's class would be extra long because he was going to be performing/arranging at a ikebana convention with his classmates. I went back to school to get my classroom for back to school night which was next week.

I hear a soft knock on my door. When I turn, I see the Principal, Mr.Okishima.

"Hello sir." I bow.

"Mrs.Natsume." He smiles. "I see you are here too."

"Too?" I repeat after him.

"Mr. Kougami and you are so hard working." He chuckles. "It makes me wonder sometimes..."

"Wonder what?"

"Wonder how, my son is doing...." He says lost in thought, as he stared out the window.

The room falls silent, he leaves bowing slightly, returning to his office.

Seeing the principal and hearing about him from Fumiko, made it somewhat clear that he didn't have bad intentions, and everything Yamato told me about him before; him walking out on his mother, and leaving behind his responsibilities, it seemed to somewhat waver.

The belief that he abandoned Yamato and his mother, and that he was bad.

I wanted to believe that Yamato wasn't his only kind in this world. If only a little blood of his was left in this world, and was able to bond with him; it be enough to let him know that he's not truly alone.

Because that's how he might see it. Despite having me Harue and all his friends, it's not ever going to replace the presence; the role of his father.

I begin to think that Yamato should, in fact, meet his father as his son. Otherwise, I'd feel like he would regret it. Even now, I can see he's in conflict about it all.

Then again, I don't completely know what he's thinking.

'Stop assuming things again.'

After all, it's his decision.
---------------
A few minutes later I go to Yamato's classroom, I feel like I need to tell him, to take this chance.

I walk in forgetting to knock. My mind was resolved about getting Yamato to speak to his father.

I know he was considering it because as soon as I walked in, I see him sitting on his desk deep in thought.

If he at least has the least bit of doubt about his thoughts about his dad...I'd want to give him that last shove to trying to get to know him.

"Yamato..." I say his name quietly.

"Haruna... what..am I supposed to believe?" He asks me while standing up.

So he was thinking about it.

I stay put to where I am. Pausing, to pick and choose the words I was to use.

"Believe what you want to." I say slowly. "...And if your faith in that belief is shattered by truth..."

"Just accept the truth and embrace it with the pride of independence you carried upon your shoulders up until now."

"And if the truth is what I want to believe in?" He asks firmly, looking for an answer. He gaze into me with an intensity, that I could barely stand without looking away.

"You learn to love the truth and the person who harbors it."

As soon as I say that, Yamato takes off, heading to the main office.

"Meet me outside of the school in 10 minutes. At the gate."

"O-okay..." I say coming back to my senses. What has I just done?

What was Yamato going to do?

---------------
A/N: so sorry it's shorter than usual, I just felt it was a good stopping point ^^

I am starting the next one, I'm rather inspired at the moment, so look out for that!

And if you didn't know, the whole Yamato and his father thing is from his main route in the original game My Forged Wedding lol.

Would you be interested in seeing the My wedding and 7 rings version of this story? I think is be infinitely interesting.

Well this week has been a nerve breaker and a wonderful one at the same time.

Life is truly unexpected.

Anything can happen.

Thanks for reading <3 don't forget to vote and comment :3
Dedicated To: JesusArturoCamachoEs