36 - Too Late

Haruka's P.O.V.

"..."

Yamato's question came to me so unexpectedly. I just stood with a blank mind.

Hanae?

It had been so long since I had last heard that name. I didn't want to hear it, but part of me said otherwise.

I'm suddenly reminded of her.

Hanae.

~*~*~*~*
It was just another normal day that I was to teach class. I was gaining popularity due to my appearances on TV and my classes where getting very, very full.

The new list of students was posted outside of the gate for people to see if they were able to get in. The last available class admitted students on a first come first serve basis.

It was early in the morning. About 7am. The class wasn't until noon.

Many people checked if they made it a day or two before.

I was ready to leave my home for an interview when I spot a young woman with long, wavy, light brown hair. She was wearing a creamy white, slightly pink spring dress, that was paired up with a white floppy hat.

I realized I was standing at the gate for too long, and began walking faster, hoping that she didn't notice my stare.

"Ah! I got in!" I hear her soft voice from behind me cheer. I turn glance behind me

'She must be a student' I thought to myself.

From where I stood now, you could see her face.

Just as I had expected. Gentle features, and a beautiful smile.

'Wow.' I had thought at that moment. I was mesmerized by her for a few moments before catching myself and walking away.

A few hours later, when the my noon class was to begin, I anxiously waited for her arrival.

Each student walked in, and I, watching them arrive, half hoping that they were the girl I had seen earlier when I heard their footsteps outside of the room.

Disappointment after disappointment. To my surprise she was the second last one in, almost late.

As so as she walks in she glanced at the clock and gave a relieved sigh. She mouthed the words ''made it" before taking a seat by herself in the corner of the room.

The class starts and I had to take roll. I called out each name, wondering when I would get to hers.

As I went down the list, I found myself a little nervous, and perhaps even impatient to get to her name.

I wanted to know it.

"Hanae Tsukino."

"Ah. Yes that would be me." She answered while raising her hand.

I nod at her with a smile and keep going down the list casually.

'Hanae Tsukino huh?' I repeated to myself.

A flower.

Her name seemed to suit her well, as she appeared to be similar to a flower in the spring; a blossom in full bloom.

In the beginning, I didn't get to speak to her much. Seeing as she was one of our more promising students, rarely needing any help from instructors.