2 - Harue

I rush through my apartment to get ready to pick up my little nephew. I'm rushing because I woke up late. I woke up late because I stayed up late, cleaning, putting stuff away and taking a bath

"Shit, I can't believe this..." I comment in front of the mirror staring at my messy hair.

After I got that mess sorted out (my bed head) I quickly dressed in something casual yet classy. I grab my purse pick up my phone, almost ran to the entrance to quickly slip on my beige flats that had cute bows on them.

I sigh a little, out of breath. I open my door and walk out, feeling the need to straighten my back with more effort than usual.

Today, I take on yet another responsibility, one that will feed to more and more.

Today, I will become the guardian of my nephew!

I lock my door and head downstairs, only to find Kougami walking into the lobby. I'm guessing he went to throw his trash out.

"Good Morning." I bow a little with a small smile.

"Good Morning." He says back. "Are you going back to school today?"

"Ah no I-" My sentence was cut off by my alarm. I look down at my phone and look back up at Mr. Kougami. "I'll be back later, goodbye!"

I almost ran to the station. My hurried behavior wasn't foreign here in Japan, which I was grateful for. Even though I was in a rush I still caught glimpses of the busy people that boarded the train. I think it's a nice thing that people are always occupied, maybe that's why the crime rate is lower here.

I arrive at Harue's home. Children played outside, some were tending to a garden, and others just sat reading at the picnic tables.

I stood outside the gate nervously trying to pull myself together. I open the gates and waltz into the building heading directly to the main office or whatever.

I asked around and eventually found it. The glass door was wide open so, I went inside.

"Good Morning." I bow politely. "I'm Haruna Natsume, I'm here to pick up Harue Tsukino."

The stern looking old lady looks up from her paperwork clearly looking irritated. "Sure let me see some proof of your identity and then go wait outside."

I nod and do as she instructs. After I show her my passport and other stuff, I stand awkwardly outside of her office out in the hall. Children walked by, all ages from small children to teenagers. I wondered if Harue was among the children that had walked passed me, although I doubted it. None of them had the sandy brown hair and hazel eyes.

After about 5 minutes or so, the old lady finally decides to leave her office. She walks up to me and studies my face carefully. "Errr...." I make out awkwardly. "Umm..."

"How old are you girl? You don't look responsible enough." She mumbles while walking ahead of me. I'm pretty sure this lady isn't the one I spoke to over the phone...she's probably just some stand in for today.

"Follow me."

We go out to a flower garden out behind the building. "That little one is always out here, he's fond of flowers or so it seems."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "Is that so?"

After we reach the garden the soft autumn breeze picks up. I spot a single boy sitting under a tree in the shade reading a picture book.

It was Harue.

I walk towards him feeling lured, yet hesitantly taking steps to reach him. Harue notices my presence and looks up from his book.

A moment of silence took over.

As I got closer he began getting teary. I stop thinking maybe I might seem intimidating.

But that wasn't the case at all.

"Mom!" He cries out as he runs towards me. He hugs my legs as he begins crying uncontrollably.

A/N: Hi all :D I'm back with another Voltage Inc. fanfic. Hopefully you're enjoying this so far although I just started it (lol). Oh and I apologize for the shortness of this chapter D;!

Anyways I figured maybe some of you might think Yamato is acting a little out of character, but really its just him being polite to a work partner. Throughout his route he's kinda rude and stuff from the moment he's introduced in the prologue but throught his actual route, I noticed that he's respectful and very wary of professional and personal interactions. Normally he would be a tease and stuff right? Well not in this case (yet).

In any case, thanks for reading :D don't forget to vote and comment >.^.