14 - Love?

Haruna's P.O.V

"Oba?"

I lift my head up from the kitchen table. "I'm sorry Harue."

"It's okay, Oba." He pats my head lovingly.

"Thank you." I stand. "I'll cook something for you real quick."

I quickly whipped up some curry with rice. I was sure to make it mild for Harue.

He ate and then quickly fell asleep. I left some for myself but I wasn't hungry.

I felt really bad because Harue had to see Fumi and I fight like that.

I sigh and put my head down again. I now had a splitting head ache and my cheek stung from the harsh slap I'd received. I don't know what the fuck she did but somehow it burned like hell.

I tried to ignore it and just pass out on the table so that tomorrow could come. So that I would somehow wake up to peace.

"Too bad that won't happen." I smile to myself.

The buzzer to my door goes off and I limp over to the counter to see who it is.

"...Yamato?"

"Let me in? Please?"

"...." I push the release button and return to my position. I didn't want him seeing my face.

He closes the door behind him and I feel him get closer. Until he hovers over me.

I close my eyes.

"What happened?"

"Stuff."

I hear the chair beside me move. He probably sat down.

I hear nothing but the sound of our even breathing. It wasn't awkward, if anything, his presence was quite soothing.

Suddenly I feel his fingers run through my long hair. I opened my eyes and he stopped.

"Should I stop?"

"No." I close my eyes once more. "It feels relaxing."

He continues his hand traveling closer and closer to my face. His hand began stroking my cheek gently.

"Was it this side that she slapped?"

I chuckle. "No, it was the other."

"Can you put you head up? Please?"

"I don't want you to see my injured face..."

"Come on..."

I sigh and sit up so he can see.

"Oh wow." He looks at it painfully. "It looks like she got you with her nails."

I turn my face away. "You saw already so..." I'm about to put my face down again.

"No no no." He stops me. "I'm gonna disinfect it."

He gets up from his chair. "Stay here. Where's your first aid kit?"

"....in the bathroom."

He comes back with it and takes out a cotton ball and dampens it with alcohol.

"Turn this way." He orders quietly.

I obey and turn my face towards him. He takes his free hand and takes the other side adjusting it to a better angle.

He began disinfecting it. It stung more than before and I cringed each time he got an open cut.

"Does it hurt too bad?"