31 - A Kiss

--Yamato P.O.V.--

I don't know why I felt that way. It was so, frustrating. I panicked and for some reason I assumed that I was alone.

I just stood at the door. Waiting for Fumiko to say 'welcome home' while she sat in the living room on her laptop. Asking me what I was going to cook with Haruna today for dinner.

I waited but after a while I remembered she was gone.

For some reason, I felt like it was over. My feelings of happiness and warmth that I had gotten accustomed to these last few months.

I'm afraid of it now.

Afraid of being alone.

I went to Haruna's apartment frantically.

I now look down as I stood still thinking everything over one last time. Haruna held my face in her hands tenderly.

She looked up at me so that her light brown eyes stared into mine.

"I can't go back go back to being alone. So will you stay with me?" I ask her my as if testing her. I wanted to know the lengths she would go for me. Is she really the one?

Her answer is firm and sincere. With no hesitation. "Of course." She spread her arms wide for me to hug her. "Come here."

There it was. I wanted to hear that. The answer that sounded like what I asked was the dumbest question.

My body naturally came to hers, returning the her gesture, with a little more force. I was happy.
--------------------
-Later that afternoon-
Haruna's P.O.V.

"Baseball?" He repeats after me. We had wrapped up our emotional moment and got cooking. We weren't awkward about it, instead we just smiled at eachother.

"Yeah. I think it'll be fun for you and Harue. I might as well try too."

"Sure." He looks a bit surprised. "But, do you really wanna just spend the day like that?"

"Well, I was thinking of like a picnic type thing..."

"Oh." He nods. "But, I was referring to your choice of place though. I mean, most girls would want to go shopping or something."

"Well..." I turn and smile at him. "This girl wants to spend some quality time with her family."

Yamato quickly blushed and turned away while covering his mouth with one hand. His ears where red to. He was pretty embarrassed.

I wanted to tease him but I resisted the urge to as I resume my cooking.

Suddenly though...

I felt Yamato's strong arms wrapped around my waist. He was hugging me from behind and he held me very close.

I felt like it would've been right to move away, but for some reason part of me confessed to not minding his touch.

He buries his face in my neck and whispers.

"Thank you."

I smile to myself and nod, feeling my face get a little warm.

He lets go of me and we finish our meal. When we called Harue out, he immediately came over to me and whispered in my ear, asking if I found out what was wrong with Yamato.

"Yup." I nod and whisper back. "Everyone is scared of something, remember?"
---------------
-Saturday-

Soon enough, it was the weekend and off we went to the nearby park.