10 - Sacrifice

I sat in class putting in some grades during lunch while eating my lunch. All of the girls were doing great in my class. No one fell under a B+, I was very impressed.

I stand up to go to the office to hand in some transcripts. On my way down I spot Mr. Kougami being surrounded by a bunch of girls near the entrance.

"Mr. Kougami?" I ask approaching the crowd. "Are you waiting for Fumiko?"

"Yeah." He looks out the door. "I forgot my phone and I'm hoping she'll bring it over to me."

'Oh." My eyes widen when I see Fumi walk in.

"Hi!" I smile at her. A small blush crosses her face. She must be embarrassed about me knowing about her fear of thunder.

"H-hey..." She smiles a little and walks over to Yamato. Handing him his phone a little awkwardly. "Here. You left it on the kitchen table this morning."

"Thanks." He smiles lovingly leaning in to give her a peck on her cheek. The girls around him go cray.

"Oh my gosh. So she's not his sister?"

"But they live together!"

"Mr. Kougami is she your sister?"

He grins before answering. "Nope. She's my wife!"

All the girls squealed loudly and began complimenting Fumi. "She's so cute!"

They would think that becaue of Fumi's small stature and big eyes and slightly round face. Her short hair framed her face making her look even cuter and younger.

"She looks like a doll!"

The first warning bell rings to signal the end of lunch and all the girls protest in disappointment.

"But I wanted to talk to Mrs. Kougami!"

"Now now, everyone go to class." He looks around for non obidient students. "You too Ondera."

He was talking to a very pretty 3rd year who was in one of my classes. Her name was Yuri Ondera. Now that I think about it, the whole time she stood near Mr. Kougami she was silent. I saw no specific expressions taking over her face either.

"Yes Mr. Kougami." She answers cheerfully.

"Ondera-San you have my class next no?" I ask her smiling. I tried to take a more uncasual approach unlike other students. Mostly because she was some of the few who didn't participate in class. She was always quiet and not really interested in getting to know everyone better. But hey, that's on her. I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything.

"Let's go to class together." I walk up to her and she shakes her head declining. "I'm going to stop by the restroom first."

------------

The last bells rang and Ondera was no where in sight. Did she ditch?

I look outside the window while everyone works on their warm up for the day.

Huh?

I see a familiar figure walking about down stairs outside.

"Ondera?" I whisper outloud shaking my head in disappointment. I straighten my navy suit and begin walking outside.

"I'll be back girls!" I tell them and rush out in my school slippers. When I get to the entrance I slip my heals on and rush to the gate where she stood talking to Fumiko.

I stood behind the bike racks eavesdropping.

"...there's no way you're married!"

She storms off into the building and I stop her.