Total Chaos 03: Park Rowan Arrives Home

Gunshot here, gunshot there. She kept on shooting the mannequin on it's head. Rousteen missed her little family, her supposed to be happy amd complete family. No one would dare enter the firing room when she's mad, not even her brothers. Calming her down is the hardest task to do, you'd be risking your life for that. When her lover died, she didn't know what to do. She couldn't lash out on anyone because she was pregnant. And it was very hard for her. It was the first time she controlled her emotions and stopped herself from getting furious, she didn't want it to affect her babies, because that's the least she could do for him.

After two hours of realising her frustration and madness, she went out of the room. On her way to the open air living room, she saw her brother's 5 year old twin son. Khai and Lhey, they are Seojoon's. The twins remind her so much of her children.

"Rosie". Khai and Lhey called out for her using the nickname they gave her.

The twins ran towards Rousteen, she crouched down to embrace them in her arms. "My two lovely boys". She said.

"Auntie, where have you been? We were searching for you". Lhey asked. The twins are not allowed to go to the west wing of the mansion because that part is too dangerous for a 5 years old kids to roam around.

"I went somewhere, Lhey". She kissed both of the twin's forehead.

"Aunt Rosie, we were searching for you because we wanted to tell you that Rowan just arrived here". Khai said. Rousteen's mood quickly changed when she heard his name.

The twins dragged her out of the living room to go to where Rowan is. Although she didn't really want to meet him, she doesn't want to disappoint the children either so she agreed on meeting him. When they arrived downstairs, she saw her whole family busy welcoming Rowan. Even her father is here.

"Mom". Was the first thing Rowan said when she saw Rousteen.

Park Rowan, is Rousteen's 17 years old son. He is the oldest twin son. He made his way towards his mother and gave her a hug, but was quickly stopped when Rousteen pushed him away.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop hugging me, Rowan? I've been telling you this shit ever since you were a kid". Rousteen sternly spoke.

You heard it right, Rousteen has been refusing her own son for more than a decade now. The boy never did anything wrong. All he did was to love Rousteen with all his heart, but she kept on rejecting Rowan's love. They live in the same house, but Rousteen treats him like he's invisible, as if he's not related to her. She doesn't care about him, but she does to the other twin she gave away.

Why is she treating her own blood and flesh like this way? That's because during her pregnancy, she had Superfecundation. She was pregnant with twin babies from two separate biological fathers. All because she was raped by Rowan's fathe. That's why Rousteen treats Rowan lowly. She blames Rowan for everything his father did. His father didn't just raped Rousteen, but he also killed her lover. That's why she despises Rowan for the things her biological father did.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I missed you a lot, and I couldn't control myself from hugging you". Rowan gave her a apologetic look.

"Rousteen, don't be like this. The kid just came back". Hyungsik said.

"That's the thing, I don't care about this kid. I would even appreciate it if he doesn't come back at all". Her words stabbed Rowan straight to his heart. Every word made his heart ached.

"Rousteen". Seojoon warned his younger sister.

"What?! You're going to be on his side again?". She shouted. Jimin signalled the maids to take Khai and Lhey away.

"What the hell did you do to make my whole family against me when it comes to you?!". Rousteen grabbed Rowan's collar. The boy is also a powerful mafia leader, but he doesn't do anything when his mother treats him this way. He's powerless when it comes to his mother. Rowan is willing to look like a fool or be like a fool just for his mother. He loves her too much that hurting her would even break his own heart.

"Stop that! You don't have the rights to treat my grandson like this!" Rousteen's mother, Rhian, released Rousteen's hands from Rowan's collar.

"Rowan did nothing to you! Despite your rude and unbelievable actions towards this boy, he still kept on loving you! For how long will you keep treating this kid like this? You're hurting him!". Rhian shouted at her daughter.

"I don't want his love! I don't need any of those! I can live perfectly fine without that. And I will keep on treating him like this as long as I want to, nobody can change my mind about that". Rousteen's words only added wounds and bruises to Rowan's already damaged heart. He is thankful to his grandmother for standing out and defending him against his mother.

The mother and daughter kept on shouting at each other. Words after words. Rhian is the one who would always defend Rowan against anyone, and she's not scared. She is also the one who took care of Rowan when his mother couldn't. But still, it wasn't enough, it was never enough. He is longing for his mother's love and affection, and there's nothing Rhian could do to provide that, unless Rousteen does it herself. Rhian can't offer him the love he has been longing for, because he can only have that with one person, and it's from the person he's longing for too, his mother, Rousteen.

Rousteen and Rhian's argument was only stopped when Rousteen's father, Woosung, stepped in the conversation and said something that sent daggers to Rousteen's heart. "Stop blaming my grandson for something he never did". But again, she dodged those arrows perfectly fine.

Rousteen stormed out of the mansion and went somewhere they probably don't know. Woosung couldn't help but pity his grandson for loving his mother too much, even though he knows that there's a high chance of her not being able to give him the same love that he's blindly giving her.

"I apologize on behalf of your mother. Don't take her words too serious, son. It'll make it more complicated. You know she doesn't mean it". Rowan could only smile at his grandfather. He knows that it's not true, his mother meant all of those words. But a smile can hide a person's pain, so why not give them your best smile?

"It's okay, dad. I'm alright. And I understand her. Mom is a good person, she's just probably stressed out and frustrated. I heard that she's in the shooting range earlier, she probably misses my brother". If only Rousteen could see how good of a son Rowan is, other than blaming him for his father bad deeds, they would've gotten along pretty good, and the problem between them would've been less complicated. Rowan is a type of kid that you won't find hard to love, admire, and appreciate. But for some reasons, his own mother finds loving him very difficult.

TO BE CONTINUED...