Total Chaos 31: If He Can't Have Power

Rowan didn't go out of his room ever since he entered the mansion, nor did he accept the food being given to him. He refuses everything. His family tried knocking on his door, asking him to open it up, but he wouldn't budge a bit. He doesn't even talk back.

On the same time, Jungkook entered the house with two guards behind him. The guards aren't empty handed though. On their hands are bags filled with gifts. Jungkook really took the bribing seriously.

"Hey". Jungkook hugged Rousteen. Surprisingly, she let him and even hugged Jungkook back.

"How's your day going, margarita?". He asked with a smile plastered on his face.

"Not good. My son won't come out of his room and kept on refusing everything. Rowan didn't eat anything ever since he came back home". Rousteen replied.

Jungkook place his right arm on Rousteen's shoulder as the two walk together side by side. He surely brings the soft side of her that no one could manage to do for the past seventeen years.

Rousteen held Jungkook's hand that is hanging over her shoulder, "When it comes to my son Rowan, I don't know what to do". She stated.

"It's obviously because of our marriage". She added.

"He just needs a proper explanation, Rousteen". Jungkook spoke.

"A proper explanation from you. It's basically obvious that he wants to hear everything coming from you, not from somebody else". Both stopped from walking, Rousteen turn to face Jungkook.

"Go to his room, my love. He's waiting for you". Jungkook said.

Then, Rousteen found herself infront of her son, Rowan's room. She's worried. She might not be the person to talk to Rowan. She did nothing but hurt her poor child's feelings.

Rousteen lifted her hand and knocked on the door. "Rowan, let me in. It's me, your mom". She spoke.

The door opened, revealing her son. "Mom". Rowan called out with teary eyes.

When Rousteen saw her child in the verge of breaking down, she immediately embrace him in her arms. Something she has never done in a very longtime now. The mother felt weak by seeing her son's state. He must be really upset. She should've thought of his feelings too before deciding.

"Tell me what's wrong". She spoke.

"N-nothing's wrong". He replied.

"My son won't cage himself like this if nothing's wrong. Tell me, Rowan". Rousteen made her son sit down on the edge of the bed.

She sat beside him, "It's about the marriage, isn't it?". Rousteen said. Rowan stayed silent.

"Speak up whatever that's weighing you down. Your mother's here for you". She wants to be there for him. Fuck her fears in life along with her ego. Nothing is more important to her than her sons".

"I rarely receive affections from you. Before when I was a child until now". Rowan started speaking, his eyes are looking down on the floor.

"Hearing your marriage announcement makes me wonder if I'll be forgotten this time". Rousteen's heart started beating fast. She feels mad at herself. She feels weak by hearing what Rowan thinks.

"Seeing you here in my room for the very first time makes me so happy. But at the same time, it makes me sad and curious if I will still receive the same love when you step out of the door".

"I won't go after the throne, Mom. If by chance that's what you think or scared of".

"Either I rule the Park Legacy or not, It doesn't really matter. As long as you love me, that's enough. I don't want anything else".

"If I can't have power, please let me have your love instead". Tears started flowing down from Rowan's face once again.

Rousteen held his face and wiped his tears with her thumb. "I'm sorry". For the very first time, Rowan saw tears in his mother's eyes.

"I have always love you, Rowan. It'a just that I couldn't manage to show it to you because my ego kept on stopping me".

"Who do you think built you that cozy house deep inside the woods and gave it to you for your 16th birthday?". She chuckled.

"I always knew that it came from you. I might or might not overheard your conversation with uncle Seojoon". He said.

"Give me another chance, Rowan. Let me be your mother, this time I'll correct all my wrongdoings right". She said.

"You're still my mother though. What you have done to me didn't change anything at all. I still look up to you the same". He answered and immediately hug his mother.

"And about your marriage with the guy who looks exactly like Dad. As long as he makes you happy, i'm fine with it". Rowan smiled.

Rousteen then started explaining Jungkook's relationship with Jungwon. He took all the informations pretty well. Something Rousteen expected for a intelligent and understanding kid like Rowan.

"Let's go downstairs, you need to eat. Your nonna Rhian has been worried about you". The two happily made their way out of Rowan's room.

"Mom, do you remember the time I asked for a yacht?". Rowan asked.

"I certainly do. You were three years old that time, two months away from turning four". Rousteen started laughing because she remembered her brother's silly gift.

"I was asking for a yacht. A toy yacht is what I meant. But uncle Jimin bought me a literal yacht the next day". The mother and son started laughing like crazy. The smile on their faces never left ever since they exited Rowan's room.

Hopefully, it'll last forever.

When Rousteen and Rowan was nowhere to be found, somebody stepped out of their hiding spot just like before.

"They're just making my job easier". The person spoke and immediately left, not wanting to get caught by anybody else inside the house.

TO BE CONTINUED...