12

"So what we gone do? I don't have money for a lawyer right now."

Brooklyn stood in Brando's kitchen, he held some papers in his hand reading over them.

His mind was set on offing both, the mayor and his wife but he knew his dad wouldn't like that.

Brando was Tisa's half brother, they never got along because of their mothers always arguing. Also Tisa had tried getting him locked up several times so that added more fuel to the fire.

"You need some money? You know all you got to do is ask."

"No, I just don't have it for a lawyer at the moment."

"I'm already handling that but you know the mayor and judge are in cahoots or some shit so this won't be easy. Since I do have custody of her...it might be easier for her to do emancipation."

Brooklyn leaned her head down taking a deep breath. Sevyn had just turned 17 and was now possibly fast forwarding her way to legally being an adult.

"I'm going to talk to her about it." She mumbled. Her mind was set on if Sevyn was even ready for that.

She was skeptical on it but knew that she would do anything to keep them from getting her sister.

"Alright...oh I need you to go to the store and get this shit for your aunt."

She grabbed the paper and read over it quickly before agreeing to do so. As she walked outside, she caught a cool chill.

At first she thought nothing of it but something just felt off. She glanced around but didn't find anything suspicious.

Instead of looking any further, she quickly got into her car.

Something is definitely off...
:
:
"Persian Rugs...But she's from Nicaragua, thought you was Persian love."

Kevious sat in his basement, staring at the painting on the wall. He was trying to figure out what to call it.

There were many names he could choose from but neither hit.

The sound of someone outside grabbed his attention. He sat the brush down and made his way upstairs.

Looking over at his computer, he saw that it was Brooklyn. Sucking his teeth, he walked over to the door and stared at it.

"What you want?" He asked; she walked over to the window and looked at him.

"I need to talk to you."

"Talk."

"I don't have the energy for your weirdness, just open the door please."

He shook his head, opening the window. The two just stared at each other all hostile. Brooklyn decided to finally say something though.

"Someone is stalking me."

"What you want me to do about that?"

"I want your help, like I want to know who's doing this shit."

"And then what? You gone confront they ass and they kill you?"

"If I'm in danger, my sister is too. And I'd rather me go than her and my nephew."

He moved back, allowing her to come in through the window. She rolled her eyes and climbed inside.

"Gee, you look like shit." She looked at the brown paint covering his clothes.

"Damn, finally someone notices."

He begin to walk back to his basement, she followed. Once the two were there, she studied the few paintings.