46

"Brooklyn can we talk real quick?"

Sevyn sat on the couch beside Brooklyn. Brook looked at her, she was looking around Kevious's home all suspiciously.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, his house is so nice it's just...why it seem so country?" She peered around once again. Brook felt the same way when she first visited it.

"It's just quiet, and he added a dead animal on the walls which I find so Kevious of him."

He had a deer head on his wall, it was weird to her but she was starting to ignore it.

"Yeah. I wanted to talk about Staples and this situation. How did we both get his last name but he didn't know about us?"

"I'm guessing Tisa gave you his last name because she was married and of course Lawrence didn't want to give a child that wasn't his, his last name."

"Did he say anything about how he found out I was his?"

"I don't think so...you should ask him." Brooklyn started to think.

There were still missing parts of the whole situation about her parents. She wanted to know but then again, she was staring to feel better off without knowing it.

"I just been wondering, before I actually decide to stay with him all the way to November."

"You want to go?" She asked, a little saddened by that. Though Sevyn drove her crazy, she didn't like her being away too long.

She knew she would breakdown when Sevyn moved out, she cried all night when she graduated.

"I guess so, I do want to see what it's like living with him. I can go right?"

It took her a moment to respond, she somewhat trusted Staples and that she would be in good hands.

From the looks of it, he was a great father to his other daughters. They made sure to brag which is how she knew.

"You don't want me to go?"

"Yeah you can go, just be careful." Brooklyn said peering down at Braylie. As she let off of her breast, Braylie began to choke.

"Braylie!"

She quickly turned her over and pat her back like she had learned to. Once she was sure the choking had stopped, she wiped the tears from her face.

"I'm sorry baby." She kissed her cheek, she felt so bad and kept blaming herself. Sevyn assured her that it was okay which calmed her a bit.

But she couldn't stop thinking about it, the situation stayed on her mind throughout the night.
:
:
"So where this man get the name Staples from?"

Quincy sat in the car with Kevious trying to figure out what mad people wanted to know. There were many stories circulating about his name.

"Ask him when we go in here." Kevious said sarcastically, Quincy didn't take it as that though.

The two got out of the car and went towards Staples' building. He thought about Brooklyn going in there to first meet him and shook his head.

The place was creepy, and she just went in likely with no protection.

Shaking those thoughts from his head, he opened the door and walked inside.

Quincy was eyeballing niggas which would've got his ass jumped right then.

"These niggas might be the ones who took your brother."

Kevious sucked his teeth looking towards the back. There was a huge guy standing there, he figured it was his security guard.