44

It had been a few days since Kevious told Brooklyn about Lawrence. He'd gotten more information from Quincy and it turned out to be true.

Lawrence was indeed apart of a sex trafficking ring.

Brooklyn started to think the same thing as Kevious. Especially when she had both her parents meet and they failed to tell them why they wanted Sevyn.

Once Staples got word about it he set some shit up to get the man caught. He had two choices, kill him and risk his freedom or just have his prison guys get him.

Brooklyn stopped him from killing him which left the other option.

She knew Staples would definitely go to jail if he did so. He was slick but not too slick, everybody knew he wanted Lawrence's head.

Sevyn was bothered by it completely. Brook didn't tell her her thoughts but she was assuming the same thing they did.

"You alright?"

Rory walked into Sevyn's room with food. She peered up at him and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah."

He knew she was going through a difficult time. She was upset about the sex trafficking situation, but mainly saddened by her mom's role in it.

Then she and Rory had gotten into it over a conversation she attempted to have with him.

A few days ago she brung up him getting shot, it pissed him off so he just gave her some space.

She didn't understand why he was upset, she just asked if the police ever got back to him about it.

"You not gone talk to me?"

She looked him up and down, sitting up to hear him out.

"Im sorry about the other day, I didn't mean to snap out at you like that. My folks set me up to talk with a therapist."

"You need to go this time, like every day they tell you to come you need to go. You didn't take it serious last time."

"I am, and I'm gone go to school." He said, she couldn't help but to crack a smile. She was happy he changed his mind.

She knew school wasn't for everyone but she wanted him to go because he just gave up when he was so excited about going.

"I'm going to the Howard for the Spring Semester. It's far but I promise I'm gone try to call all the time."

"Well we got a whole lot of time until then so whats one place you want to go tonight?"

"Just chill with you, if that's cool by you."

She nodded scooting over in the bed. Sage was with his dad so she was chilling alone trying to figure out her work schedule.

Her plans were to go to a Community College for the Spring Semester also. Until then, she would work as a hotel receptionist.

I may write a book about their college experiences and how their relationship turns out to be.
:
:
"Girl she is so pretty."

Paisley sat in Brooklyn's living room holding Braylie in her arms. She was admiring her big brown eyes.

They would go from gray to brown every other week. She was a month and two weeks old now and Brook was allowing only few people to see her.

"Thank you." Brooklyn sat down across from her. She grabbed her phone and eyed the message from Kevious.

Kevious: Yo I'll cook for you tonight, but you know what I want for dessert

Brook: Cheese cake sound good rn