24

Y'all, I be fucking up bad. Isaac does stay with his uncle (Papa) but his parents are still in his life. So the point of Sevyn going to their anniversary party was to meet his other family...

But, the story:
:
:
"I-I remember hearing tires screech, I laid on the floor and stayed there until the shots stop."

Two detectives stood in front of Sevyn as she constantly wiped tears from her face. They were questioning her about the shooting, she wasn't in the mood but she knew they would keep bugging her.

"Anything else you remember–I think that's enough. Too many damn questions to be asking in one night." Rory's father, Rodney spoke up.

The two detectives ended the conversation and pulled out an card.

"Alright, we'll give you some time. Here's my number, call if you remember any more details." The lady handed it over.

Sevyn looked down at her hands, still seeing Rory's blood on them. It made her feel so guilty that she was mad at him before the shooting.

Rodney looked over at Sevyn, she was struggling with her breathing so he grabbed her hand.

"Calm down, just breathe in and out." He coached her, she did as he said as Brooklyn walked towards her.

"Rory's a fighter, he gone make it through this. Especially for his son, as he says." He said, she nodded grabbing the water from Brook.

A few moments later, the doctors finally came out. They had informed them that Rory was stable, but there was one bullet that they couldn't get out of his arm.

Well, it was possible but they didn't want to cause more damage.

He was shot in the side twice and the other went in his left arm.

As Sevyn walked into the room, she saw Rory laying in the bed. He was frowned up until he saw her.

"Sev, you straight? The baby straight?"

He tried to sit up but a load of pain came his way causing him to groan.

"No don't move like that, I'm okay Rory." She rushed over to his side. He stared at her, and then looked down at her belly.

"That nigga gone be big as fuck, on everything." He poked her belly. She laughed a bit, he was high off the medication.

"I'm so happy you're okay."

"Of course I'm good, I'm a real nigga. Real niggas gone forever be straight."

He kept zoning in and out, just talking about anything. She was happy that he was okay, only thing she worried about was if the person was looking for someone specifically.

It couldn't have been Rory, he wasn't into the street life, or was he? She looked at him, watching as he slept peacefully.

I hope not...
:
:
"How's your sister? She cool?"

Kevious rubbed Brooklyn's back as the two laid in his bed. He had offered them to stay at his place but she didn't want to.

Staying there on different nights was just fine with her. He needed his space and so did she.

"She claims she's okay, but I can see she is still shaken up."

"I'd say it took a month for me to get over seeing a bloody body. She might have nightmares, midnight screaming and shit. Likely would need a therapist."

"Did you get one?" She asked, he shook his head no.

"Nah, I was 13 when I saw that shit, never told anyone about it."

She caressed his face automatically feeling bad for him. From her knowledge, she could see that his parents really failed him.

For one, there is a difference from beating and disciplining your child.

His dad straight beat him, he'd punch him, beat him with brooms, extension cards and even made him watch him abuse women, or kill men who didn't "respect" him.

Two, as a parent when you see your child clearly having some type of mental illness you should take action instead of thinking an ass whooping will solve it.

He was diagnosed with Intermittent Explosive Disorder which caused him to just go off at times.

It may didn't seem like he had it but he did, it was under control most of the time.

The only way he could control it was his prescribed medications and weed.

So, when he saw his dad in the first chapter he had neither. But the second meeting, he was on both weed and meds.

"Well what about in prison? Anyone talk to you?"

He thought about it, and shook his head.

"In the mental ward I did talk to my lawyer sometimes...she was a bad motherfucker too."

Brooklyn looked at him, he sucked his teeth.

"Like she good with that therapy shit."

"Okay Kevious Bakers."

Leaning over on her, he kissed her neck moving down to her chest. She could see where he was going and grabbed his head.

"Hold on, your brother here?"

Kevious didn't respond just went face to face with her treasure. He kissed her inner thigh, inhaling the natural attractive scent of her body.

"Wait I hear someone." Brooklyn said as soon as he got deep into it. She contemplated on grabbing his head to stop him or let him continue.

"Fuck...babe I know you hear–ion hear shit." He paused to look at her and then continued. It never took long for Brooklyn to orgasm from head, specifically with Kevious.

He was extremely passionate about it and knew the correct spots to pleasure.

When he finished, he kissed up to her mouth which she loved the most. WHEW.

"You really don't care that we can be getting robbed right now? What if they came in to shoot us?"

"Nah, Kenny know better."

She glared at him as he smirked.

"Really?"
:
:
"You know I tried calling you right?"

Sevyn stared at Isaac, she was feeling like he ain't care at all about her hurting. All he did was nodded, and barely just said anything to her.

"I didn't see your call until later that night." He rubbed his head. His attention was on his phone.

She was regretting even coming to his place. He clearly didn't care and she wasn't in the mood for it.

Smacking his phone out of his hand, he looked at her.

"What's your problem?"

"Nigga I was just covered in my best friend's blood a day ago. Im having difficulties breathing because I panic each time I close my eyes. And you want to know what my problem is? My problem is you."

"The fuck you want me to do?"

"I would've rather you acted like you cared, but clearly that's too much for you."

"I do care Sevyn, you just bullshitting right now. I'm just as upset , they could've killed you and my kid." He grabbed her hand.

"Don't play with my feelings Isaac, it's becoming a cycle." She took her hand back, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

"You know I care about you and my son more than ever. Don't act like that."

Instead of her responding, she just nodded not really caring for his manipulation. He was real good at it, but this time she wasn't with it.

Maybe she's finally learning, just maybe.
:
:
💕