32

"You know my dad? How?"

Brooklyn stared at the man, he constantly looked back trying to make sure no one was coming.

"Can't talk too much right here, come by this place whenever you ready." He handed her a piece of paper.

She looked at the address and noticed that it was in one of the most dangerous places she had been.

Paterson, New Jersey.

"Okay...I will try." She said before making her way out of Brando's home. She made sure the doors to her car were locked before getting in Kevious truck.

Kevious stared out the window, she looked at him curious to what he was looking at.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, you been being cautious lately?"

She thought about it and shook her head no. She didn't check for cars following her anymore or weird behavior.

"Not really." She mumbled, beginning to become worried.

"Should I be?"

He didn't respond which caused her to worry more.

"Is something wrong? You just wouldn't ask that without a cause behind it."

"You good B, just was asking."

She knew that he wasn't just asking. There was something going on, and she wanted to get to the bottom of it.
:
:
"You think my living room set will be here soon?"

Brooklyn walked into her bedroom, the two had decided to stay at her place for the night.

Mostly everything for the bedrooms were there, all that was left was the living room and to decorate the third room.

"Yeah, come on and get in the bed. I'm tired." Kevious yawned, she finally did and cuddled up next to him.

She figured it was the perfect time to tell him she was pregnant.

"You ever watched a baby?" She questioned, he slowly rubbed her back closing his eyes.

"A few times, only because it was my nephew."

She bit the corner of her lip staring at the wall.

"Do you like kids?"

"I can deal...why you asking me these questions?" He peeked down at her, she let out a sigh.

"We're having a baby."

It seemed that he was stuck, she figured that would happen. But she was at least expecting him to say something.

"You're not going to say anything?"

He eased up, he didn't want her to become upset.

"Shit a baby? I don't think I'm ready one."

"I'm not either, but the way we be fucking, we should've been preparing."

He chuckled a bit wondering how he would be with a kid. He hadn't watched one in 14 years, lately the only time he was really close to one was when Brook had Sage.

"How far long?"

"8 weeks...going to have a July baby."

"Cool. How you feeling? You need anything?"

"I feel great actually, my morning sickness isn't as bad as I imagined."

"The bottle of wine didn't do anything right? Cause you killed that bottle for your birthday."

"It didn't, me and my baby are healthy. We have nothing to worry about."

The two talked more and more about the baby, though he wasn't too happy he smiled a few times just thinking about being a dad.