34

"I would've rather my brother tell you to meet me at a restaurant, not my building." Staples side eyed Seth.

Brooklyn bit down on her lip, she was wondering who was the oldest. Both looked like twins but definitely weren't.

"It's cool, I wasn't expecting to meet you right away." She said truthfully, he glared over at Seth.

"I didn't tell her she was meeting you because, well shit do I need to say anything more? She scared as hell." He said, he could tell from the way she backed up when she saw him.

"Don't be scared...where's Sevyn?"

She bit the corner of her lip, she wasn't sure if she wanted to say that. Everyone watched him, he was very gentle with her.

Anybody else would have had to answer that question.

"I know this shit is weird, but I just want to talk to you. Get to know about my first born."

He nodded towards the steps, she traveled up them and took a seat at one of the tables. He sat across from her, eying the tattoo on her neck.

"You like the sun?"

"It's fascinating."

She noticed that he too had sun tats, she knew then that he was definitely her father.

"Why didn't you reach out? Search for us...do anything to find us?" She questioned.

"Tisa, she told me about you. We agreed to an abortion...I know you don't want to hear that but it's true. And I'd signed up for the military. She never told me she kept you. Six years later I came home, went to see her, she allowed shit to happen even though she was married."

Brooklyn listened to him explain his side, she was frustrated.

"So how didn't you know about me? It doesn't make sense. I have your last name."

"She never mentioned you, neither did Seth who knew. He figured it was best I didn't know because of my lifestyle and it was your mom's choice to give you my last name I assume."

She rubbed her arm, she wanted to believe him truthfully. It was just hearing so many stories from different people got in the way.

"So he never told you?"

"I've known for a while but I wasn't sure when it was the best time to talk. Plus your uncle Brando felt it was best I gave you guys time."

She had more questions about it but didn't want to ask them all right then. She wanted the truth and to see how Tisa and Staples would react to hearing each other's story.

"I'm going to speak to my mom, I'd like for you to be there when I do."

He nodded, he had some words for her. She ruined his life by keeping two of the biggest secrets from him.

His daughters.

The two talked a bit more, she was happy that they learned a little about each other. It would take time, and she was working with it.
:
:
"Mmm no. I'm not eating that."

Kevious sucked his teeth continuing to eat the very odd food. Brooklyn knew he had a country side in him, but it was bizarre that he would eat alligator.

"How do you even find this shit in Jersey?

"Certain spots, shit bussing."

"What it taste like?"

"It taste like chicken...you'll be asking for it soon."

"I will not, nasty ass." She continued to eat her burger. He went to wash his mouth knowing that she wouldn't kiss him at all with alligator on his lips.