19

"It is 2 in the morning, why you coming in so late?" Brooklyn questioned Sevyn, she thought she could bypass her but failed.

"I was over Isaac's."

"When you should've been home, you know I eased up on you but now it's like you don't care that I do have rules in my place."

"It's literally not that serious."

"But it is, especially when you ignore my calls. What if something happened here?"

"I didn't see your calls...I won't do it again though. Good night." Sevyn walked past her, Brooklyn rubbed her head. She was stressed with trying to protect her sister especially with her acting careless.

Walking back into her bedroom, she looked at Kevious. His arm rested over his eyes trying to block the brightness of the TV.

Climbing in the bed, she tried not to wake him completely but failed.

"Why you all the way over there?" He asked, she moved over into his arms.

"Sometimes I wonder how do I deal with her?" She rested her face in his neck.

"You two alike in a way."

"How so? My attitude is not that bad."

"But you know it's bad?"

"I mean yeah but I can't help that. She literally mad cause I'm trying to make sure she's safe?"

"Sounds like someone I know." He mumbled, she looked up at him.

"You can still be an ass while sleeping."

"I try my best."
:
:
"Good Morning."

Daniel nodded towards Brooklyn as she took a seat in front of him. Reading over the files on his desk, she looked at him.

"You're going to take that case?"

He sighed reading over the name, he was frustrated with the case. He never did hesitate on a case but this one was testing him.

The case was based on the murder of three men outside of a bar, the client said that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It was risky because his DNA was over the gun found nearby.

"I am." He finally answered, she rubbed her neck.

"I'll give both him and his dad a call."

Someone entered the room, they both looked over at the guest. Brooklyn assumed it was his son by the way he got comfortable.

"Hi, I'm Brook." She held her hand out, he shook it and looked at her face.

"Damn." He mumbled, Daniel shook his head.

"Brooklyn why don't you go and get your breakfast...I'll pass on it today." He said, Brooklyn stood and left quietly.

Daniel placed his attention on his son and chuckled.

"You just can't sit down for nothing huh?"

"I tried to back out pops but I couldn't."

"Andre you realize that I can't keep promising these son of a bitches help on a case. This is the last time, after that you just gone have to deal with this shit on your own."

"Nah pops it's not about giving them a lawyer...I have to get someone back to him."

Daniel furrowed his eyebrows, his son gave him a look which he frowned upon.

Always in some deep shit.
:
:
"How come you never call me anymore?"

Kevious sat in his living room with Miranda, she was a bit agitating to him but he could deal. It took him a moment to respond, he'd just fucked and now she was chilling there.

"I mean, you said don't call you anymore. I wasted your time..."

"That didn't mean I was being honest."

"You shouldn't say things you don't mean." He continued to puff on a blunt. The more he smoke, the more he was tuning her out.

"Someone's at the door." She said, he shrugged.

Miranda rolled her eyes and stood to go answer it. Once she did, she eyed the girl up and down.

"You're Brooklyn right?" She crossed her arms, Brook bit the corner of her lip.

"Yeah, is Kevious here?"

"You know good sex can put someone to sleep." She smirked a bit, Brooklyn hid how bothered she was by laughing.

"Really? Didn't know that had anything to do with what I asked but when he stops faking his sleep, tell him I stopped by."

Miranda's nostrils flared as she stared at Brook get into the charger. It pissed her off seeing that Kevious allowed her to drive his vehicle.

"Interesting." Miranda nodded closing the door. She had a plan in mind, but would that even work?

We shall see.
:
:
Sevyn sat in her classroom writing down the notes on the board. Biology class was her least favorite but she did pay attention.

"Pss."

Looking over, she saw that her best friend Rory was showing her something on his phone. It was this girl which she could care less about.

"What you think about her? She bad or what?"

"She cute...she wouldn't give you the chance though."

"Why the fuck not?"

"Rory do I really have to answer that?"

He sucked his teeth and decided to text her anyway. One of the girls he talked to looked back at him.

"Oh shit." Sevyn mumbled, he looked at her.

"Oh shit."

Sevyn held her laugh in as the girl turned around and continued to talk to her friends.

"Bitch you got caught, Damn that's a shame." Sevyn shook her head, he thumped her head and grabbed her paper.

"Such a smart ass, proud of my daughter. I taught you well."

"Nigga in your dreams."

Her baby kicked which she became excited for.

"Oh my God, Rory feel my stomach. The baby kicked." She said happily.

Grabbing his hand, she placed it where he kicked.

"Damn, lil nigga said let me out this motherfucker."

Isaac walked into the classroom and automatically looked at the two. In his mind, shit didn't look right.

His hand on her belly, a smile on both of their face and eye contact.

He refrained from snapping out and calmly walked over to them.

Sevyn looked up, even happier to show him.

"Feel my stomach babe, Sage is moving."

"Nah I'm cool. Shits kind of weird." He sat down in his seat. Sevyn's smile faded as both she and Rory looked at him.

"But you said you wanted to feel when he first moved."

He decided not to respond which hurt her feelings even more. Instead of saying anything else, she quickly wiped the tear that fell from her eye.

He overreacting or nah?
:
:
Until next chapter💖