16

"Just a few more minutes."

Brooklyn sat in her car waiting for 10 o'clock to hit. It was only 3 minutes away, she was about to meet her boss.

She looked down at her dress, hoping that it was acceptable for the meeting. It was slightly tight fitted but work like.

Her hair was in a bun, she wore her glasses and  just looked prepared for work.

"Here we go."

Exiting the car, she looked around before going into the building. Scanning around, she saw a few people who held cases in their hands.

Some spoke, some walked past her.

Letting out a breath, she searched around for someone for directions.

She stopped this one guy, he eyed her up and down before bringing attention to her face.

"Hi, do you know where Daniel Moore's office is?"

He licked his lips and nodded while turning the other way. She followed him but was far behind in case he tried something.

Once he stopped, he turned around and laughed.

"I'm not gone bite, here's Mr.Moore though. Have a great day mam."

She waited for him to leave before knocking on the door.

"Come in."

Opening the door, she looked around the office. It was mad luxurious, she was hoping if she had one that it looked like his.

"Hello Ms.James, or do you prefer Brooklyn?"

Placing her attention on Daniel, she couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. He was maybe in his early 40s, salt and pepper beard, black curly hair and light brown eyes.

He wore an all black suit, a nice gold Rolex and a gold ring on his ring finger.

"Brooklyn is fine."

He nodded towards the seat, she sat there.

"So, tell me about yourself."

"Well...you know my name is Brooklyn James. I'm 23, I have a little sister whom I've taken care of since we were kids. Um, I like to paint in my free time...there isn't really much about me to know."

"Any extra activities or responsibilities?"

"Around late November, my sister is having her baby and she will likely need me a lot. Other than that, I will be free."

"Well that will be easy, a lot of the time you'll be able to work from home. Days you come in are Monday through Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are WFH days."

"Okay that's perfect. Now what about you? What's some things about yourself?" She asked interested in knowing about the life of a lawyer.

He leaned back in the chair and adjusted his tie.

"I'm 46 and married with two kids. One just graduated high school, the other 3rd year in college. I'm from Louisiana but moved here after finding my dad. He handed this law firm down to me, and if one my children ever want this place I'll give it to them."

Must be nice.

The two talked more about themselves and some of the main things she'd do for him.

She'd officially start the next week just to prepare.

At the moment she was checking out the space where she would be working. It was clear for now, until she added her magic.

"I think I'm going to like this."
:
:
"Good seeing you man."

Percy aka Papa took a seat in front of Staples. He eyed the two security guards standing behind him, they were on go at each move he made.

"Yeah, these niggas want to shoot me or something?" He questioned, Staples laughed.

"If I wanted that done, you wouldn't be looking at me right now."

"Still an old mean ass motherfucker." Percy grabbed the stack of cash. Staples watched him scan over the stack.

"You know these niggas you beefing with?" He questioned, Percy nodded.

"Ain't necessarily beef, we just got into an argument."

"If they shooting my shit up, it's some fucking problems. I want these niggas hunted down and brought to me." He said sternly, Percy sighed.

"Ain't no need for that, it was one of our own. Lil nigga just got out of high school, ready to bust a move but can't control his anger. I told him it take more than a week to earn money, he got pissed and started firing along with his homies."

"Whats this cat name?"

"Andre."

Staples sat back in his seat contemplating on his next move. He knew the kid which he had to think deeply about.

"Alright, find him. Bring him back to me when you do." He said to his guys.

The two left and immediately started on the hunt.

"What you gone do?" Percy questioned, he sipped his drink.

"Teach him a lesson."
:
:
"I see you don't want to hear about my day."

Brooklyn sat on Kevious's kitchen counter as he watched the steak cook. He was hoping that she didn't take the job but she did.

"I'm listening." He mumbled, she bit on her lip unsure of if she should even say how it went. Being ignored was just not her thing.

"Are you really?"

"I just said I am."

Continuing to cut up the potatoes, she began to talk. He still seemed annoyed which made her upset.

"You want me to leave? Cause I can." She hopped down off the counter.

He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back to him. It caught her off guard but she didn't move away.

"You get mad off your own assumptions, I haven't said anything."

"That's the problem, I want you to say something. Show me you're not pissed at me."

He leaned down and kissed her deeply. Pulling her up to his waist, he moved his lips down to her neck.

"O-okay." She placed her hand in front of his as he went for her shorts.

"You know you triggered that energy in me right?" He looked at her. She'd gotten him started and was now backing out.

"I don't want the food to burn."

He looked at the steaks and then at her.

"Alright." He nodded placing her on the counter. He went back to observing the steak while she continued to the potatoes.

Sigh.
:
;
I'm sorry y'all, they was close though🌚. Bare with me😂😏.