Part 32, Rewinding

I waited in anxiousness. First came Ben, followed by Newt then Serena and Sarah. But she was not around yet.

"Hey you two! Yeah you,"

The girls dropped their papers and came over. "What's wrong?" They chorused, exchanging worried looks.

"There's nothing to worry about, just tell me who's still on duty?"

"George, Adam and Paula's still in," Sarah announced.

"Alright thanks," I smiled.

My insides wrenched. Just even thinking about still gives me heart attacks. She's still in. The sun's going down soon. This can't happen again.

The door smacked open revealing George. Not Paula. I could feel myself start to drown in the quicksand of my worries.

I cornered myself in silence. Tapping my foot real quick and biting my lips. "Hey you okay man?" Newt shaking my biceps.

"Yeah I guess, actually yeah," I sounded like a wimp.

"Okay, come on let's head outside," Newt ushered me out.

I stared at the direction of the sun. Begging it to stay a little longer. I feel my face slapped. "What the bloody hell are you doing? You could go blind looking at the sun," Newt. "What's wrong with you?"

"The sun's going down. I need more time," I sounded so paralyzed.

"Bloody Hell! Snap out of it!"

I yanked his shirt. "Listen up shuck! Paula's still in there!" I push him away and growled.

I feel my heart beat start to steady as my temper cools. I turned back to Newt. He was stunned by my actions. "Look I'm so sorry," I pleaded.

He just nodded in disbelief. "It's okay, go get her.... and Adam of course,"

I sprinted for the maze.

• • • • •
Thank you guys so much for reading and voting :3

Make sure you leave any comment or suggestion, I'll truly appreciate it :)))

Quick question, Minewt or nalby?

My tumblr: nightchevalier.tumblr.com