Part 40, Chaos

"You guys are so complicated these days," Kaya shrugged.
"Apparently," I sighed.
"I mean I guess you two aren't in the same page right now," Kaya raised herself up, "Anyways, that's enough love talk. Just give her some space. I'm sure by tomorrow you'll be making out again,"
"Hey!"
Kaya laughed and left me. I gazed at the leaves above me.

I know what I said last night was right. Paula was clearly upset about it but she has to understand that it's the truth. On the other hand, Kaya's right, we're not on the same page.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I ate my dinner in silence whilst everybody chatted. "Minho, don't be so gloomy. There's plenty of fish in the sea," Winston teased.
Newt snorted and everybody giggled. I smacked the table as I stood. I gave Winston a dirty look and went off.

I was far off frypan's. I stopped and faced the direction of the box. The box hinted a red light blinking. I walked to the box's direction when a body collided with mine. "Hey watch it!" I warned.
"Why don't you watch it!"

Sigh...... Paula.

Her eyes met mine but she looked away fast and stomped the other direction. "Paula...."
She stopped and turned back. "What!?!"
"Can we just drop it?" My words shook.
"Yeah? That's what you think?! Well normal people would accept an apology!" She screamed.
"I didn't know what I was saying! I'm sorry," I lowered my voice. I never wanted to fight her, at least not like this.
"Look who's apologizing now!" Paula gave me a dirty look and continued, "you know what shuck? You are delusi-"

An alarm started to ring off. It was intimidating. I looked straight at the box. The red light continued blinking. I faced Paula in a worry. "Get Alby!"

She stood still, stunned by the alarm but ran off as soon as I ordered "Go!"

I ran towards the box. I opened it up to see more red lights. There was nothing else. The box was empty.There were other gladers charging for the box, some with weapons. Newt reached the box and looked down. He looked at me in confusion. Everybody cramped in too see what's going on.

Alby ran over and screamed, "What's going on here!?!"
He pushed past people to look. He gave both me and Newt a stern look. Suddenly the alarms stopped and the sounds of the Grievers became so clear as if it was just behind the doors.

There was pure silence and worried faces from everybody. Some had their eyes glued on the box while others had their eyes on the maze doors, afraid the doors might open.

What was happening?

"HELPPPP!"
Everybody was scattered around running in every different directions. Screams came from the Homestead. I looked around to find the reason for this chaos.

"Minho!"
I was struggling to find the source of the sound. "Over here!" Kaya tapped my back.

"Follow me!" She commanded.

She guided me away from the crowd and towards the woods. I was panicking inside. I felt so out of mind. Kaya stopped and gestured me to shut up. She then pulled my hand and sat me down under a HUMUNGOUS tree. I was sweating in fear; scared to even move a muscle. Kaya handed me a knive and said, "I don't know what it is but it's spawning around the glade. First the homestead then the sleeping areas,"

"Spawned?" I asked

"I can't track where they came from. I took a quick glimpse and saw a human-like white suited creature. They might be human," Kaya whispered.

"Human? What if the reason we can never solve this maze is because we were never meant to? What if they are true saviors?" I was so excited. The vision I had of getting out of here was somehow so clear.

"Are you out of your mind?! Didn't you hear the scream? You don't know if they're really human...." Kaya stopped and looked at me as if I was a sad little boy, "listen, why don't you take this knife and get to the bottom of this?"

I snatched the knife out of her hand. Kaya grabbed my hand as I was about to rise and kissed my cheeks. "Be careful,"

I looked her in eye and saw hope. I didn't understand her move but I know that deep inside of her, she wanted to be save. I shook my hands free and ran back towards the homestead.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
"THEY'RE HERE!"
"RUN!"
"SAVE ME!"
"THEY GOT HER!"

I ran along the stream of chaos. I looked around and saw a sea of bodies scrambling around, screaming mindlessly.

"LOOK THERE!"

I looked upon the camp fire and there it was. Three human-like full white suited faceless creature. The suit was shiny. It was armed with square shaped tanks on their backs.

Exterminate.

That word pop out of my head. What does that mean? Are they trying to kill us all? For what reason? I harden my grip and ran for one of it. The adrenaline rushed through me as I knocked it down to the ground. I stared into its metallic opaque rectangular mask.

It grabbed hold of me trying to yank me away but I pressured it down. I was about to throw punch to it but my hand was pulled back by a cold metallic hand, yanking me back making me fall flat on the ground. It went above me, staring me down as it sprayed vapor right at my face, blurring my vision.

My vision remained hazed as I now start to feel drowsy. I tried to stand up but my body was numb. Breathing became hard now, panic attacks I thought to myself. I turned my head sideways as I witnessed the body of my attacker thump on the ground. I felt a slight relieve knowing that it's down but felt an instant distress as my shirt was being pulled up. Paula. It was Paula.

"Thank god you're okay..." She said under her heavy breathing, "come on, we gotta move,"

She lets go of my shirt and took my hand to help me up. I could now feel my body better but my vision was still hazed. She puts my arms over her shoulders and her hand on my waist.

As we moved, I could see a brief of what's happening around. There were people running and some people unconscious on the ground. I could vividly see more masked creatures all around spraying vapors. I removed my hand from her shoulders and kept up with her pace as she now went faster.

In the midst of the chaos, i saw Gally on the ground. There were no markings on him yet he looked so unfortunate. He looked dead. Despite knowing that the vapor doesn't last long, it's obvious they have had done some other thing to him. That poor kid, he didn't deserve it. Paula snapped me out of my grief as she grabbed my hand and ushered me away. Grief didn't last me long. I was no longer drugged, I was now furious.

Upon running through the chaos, I've encountered two masked creatures that I so successfully beat up and killed. I felt no mercy, they've killed and destroyed some of us. Confusion still flows through my head on their origins and how they've managed to spawn so silently and without our notice. They must be the ones in control of this place. They must be WICKED.

Hey guys I'm finally back!
Can't wait to share the last parts of this story :3
Leave your comments and suggestions, it'll be greatly appreciated. :D

Tumblr: nightchevalier.tumblr.com
Ask.fm: tee_803
8tracks playlist: http://m.8tracks.com/tee803/remember-me-minho-fanmix

Remember me//Maze Runner, Minho Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें