Part 21 Gem in the rough

Around us, the lights were all dimmed. Snores chorused around. We were the only ones up.

Her head was on my shoulders. Our hands were holding on to each other's.

We remained silent, sky gazing (since there were no stars up above).

"Minho?"
"Yeah?"
"For one second I thought you dozed off already," She lifted her head off and brushed her hair back.

She hugged her legs and rested her head on her knees. She was looking towards me, smiling.

I smiled as I said, "you sleepy yet?"

She gently shook her head.

"This has been great and I want to keep that up," She grinned.

"That's good to know,"

I kept my eyes on her. I felt nervous not knowing what to say or do next. Frankly, I am a bit rusty in these cases.

But I must admit, she is still a gem. You could still sense her beauty under the mess she's in and I wouldn't blame her for that.

"What's with the stare babe?"

I jumped a little hearing her voice.

"Just cherishing the moment, if you don't mind," i could feel a smirk plastered on my face.

"I don't mind at all actually,"

She shifted her body beside me. My arms was over her shoulders. She held my hand, facing me.

I could feel her breath on my face. Her light breezed breath.

Our lips were in kissing distance, but I like it just being this close.

"Minho, I'm scared," she whispered, "I don't know what they're planning to make me do next, what if I'm not myself one day?"

She lifted her eyes to see mine. I could sense fear in her poor eyes.

"It's alright, they might be able to make you their puppet but they won't change who you are,"

"That's really sweet coming from you,"

I brushed her hair behind her ear and lifted her chin.

"I'm gonna be sweeter and say that you look like a hot mess right now,"

We both exchanged laughs.

"You shuck face...."

She placed her hand on the side of my face and leaned in closer. We found our lips interlocked. I let go for a second to breathe. To make this last and I went for it.

A tingling feeling came rushing through me. I was in love with her. I don't know what I would do without her.

Her hands reached for my neck and I held on her back. Securing her.

I found myself on the ground with her on top of me. She pecked my lips for the last time. I felt cool air and her fast breath brushing through my face.

I opened my eyes and kissed her forehead.

"Now we're both a hot mess," she dumped her body next to me and we laid side by side.

I faced her and teased, "well we're equal then?"

She blurted out a huge laugh that I had to cover her mouth.

"Baby let's just keep it down alright?"

She continued to giggle under my hand.

I lifted my hand off and got up into a sitting position, while she was already on her feet looking down at me.

"You know what, why don't we call it a night? I wouldn't want to be blame for keeping a runner up late," She threw her hands and reached our for me.

I took her delicate hands and got on my feet.

It's been awhile since I felt this ecstatic. The happiness that she brings just makes me feel like nothing's gonna be damned and everything's gonna be alright.

I grinned as we both walked hand in hand.

• • • • •

Thank you guys so much for reading this one :3

Make sure to leave down any comments or suggestions :))

If you'd like to please check out
My tumblr// nightchevalier.tumblr.com
My 8tracks// m.8tracks.com/tee803